HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Ask  Your Dr. About New Procedure Ask Your Dr. About New Procedure

Unread 10-30-2000, 06:18 AM
Ask Your Dr. About New Procedure

Hi Everyone...
One more post here before I "graduate" to post-op.
I just read in the paper about a new procedure called laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy -- apparently they can remove the uterus, tubes and ovaries with only laparoscopic incisions. Sounds good to me since I'm 6 days post op with a 6 inch incision!
I'm sure this isn't for everyone, but this article says it's good for women with fibroids. Recovery time is only a few weeks!
The story is by Knight Ridder News Service -- I found it in today's Fort Myers News-Press, but I'm sure most wire services on the Web will carry it. Maybe it's an option for some of you.
Good luck to all of you and remember to trust your instincts about your body. It's natural to feel fear, (I was a mess) but you'll feel much better once you have those diseased organs out of your body!! If you feel something is wrong inside -- it probably is!

Unread 10-30-2000, 10:35 AM
I'm having laprascopic hyst!

Dear Becky and Sisters,
Thanks for mentioning this new procedure. I was originally scheduled for TAH, but then my doctor told me that he knew an expert in this type of procedure and he contacted him to do my surgery. This procedure can be done either keeping or not keeping the cervix according to my doctor. I didn't even know about it untill my doctor mentioned it. I'm not sure which way I'm going with that yet, as originally with TAH the cervix would also be taken. The doctors are supposed to call me this week, yikes! since I am scheduled for Nov. 3. Not only that, but other doctors will be there to watch the procedure. I agreed to this since the main doctor is an expert and if more doctors learn it will help more women! I guess I can't recommend it yet, since I don't know how I'll feel til afterward, but I will be sure to let everyone know. My bladder repair will also be done with the laprascope. I am hopeful that all will go well. No matter what, my prayers are with all the hyster sisters, no matter what procedure is used!
Love, Light, Blessings,
Druid
Unread 10-30-2000, 03:46 PM
Ask Your Dr. About New Procedure

http://www.hystersisters.com/forums/...?threadid=8492

Hostess, Dixie Tracy had this procedure for fibroids. Click on the link to read her story.
Unread 10-30-2000, 05:03 PM
Having this type of surgery 10-31-00

I am having this surgery tomorrow.....10-31-00. My Dr. is one of 5 in the Fort Worth area that does this. He didn't even talk of another surgery for me when he decided to do this one mid-September. I have done so much research its unbelievable. There was an article 10-23 in our local Fort Worth paper that interviewed my Dr and another about this procedure. At my pre-op this am he asked me if I would talk to our local Channel 8 about this procedure before and after.....I guess at 5:15am tomorrow.........

Looking forward to this and feeling BETTER!!!

Avis
Unread 10-30-2000, 09:17 PM
Supracervical Lap Hyst

5 1/2 weeks post-op and I've been at 100% for at least a couple of weeks.

It sounds like this surgery is finally getting the press it deserves : )

Paige
SLH BSO
9/22/00

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.