HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Fluid filled vaginal bump? Fluid filled vaginal bump?

Unread 03-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Fluid filled vaginal bump?

Hello,

I'm just curious if anyone has had any of these bumps? Mine is on the outside of my labia, is big and fluid (clear) filled. I have some burning and itching and the bump itself is very painful. I looked this up online and realized that many things can cause these. I am wondering what the treatment is? I see my gyn on Monday but would like a heads up as to what to expect.

Thanks.

Cindy
Unread 03-18-2004, 08:34 PM

I get those and mine were diagnosed as lymph nodes..they swell and can be painful. They come and go, not real sure why, but Dr. said some women have troubles with them and some dont.
Unread 03-18-2004, 08:46 PM
can also be a cyst...

I had one & it went away on its own...but if it gets worse or bothers you now, you should have the Dr look at it...

Mine was (now this is GROSS) like a big pimple. It popped & I thought I was spotting, but then it oozed. I could squeeze it & it would drain more, but the Dr said to just leave it alone to prevent infection. It was icky for a little while.

Your Dr will probably just drain it & leave it alone.

Good luck!
Unread 03-19-2004, 04:16 AM

I wa thinking this might be a bartholin cyst but I see that those are at the opening of the vaginal canal. Mine is at the top of the labia by the hood of the clitoris (sorry for the graphics but didn't know how else to describe it!)

Being a girl is so fun! :dance2:

Cindy
Unread 03-19-2004, 05:43 AM

Mine are located on my inner thigh where my underwear rubs..so they are painful and always irritated! Guess this is something i will have to live with. lol
Unread 03-19-2004, 10:48 AM

from what I undersatnd, a bartholin cyst is pretty large...those usually have to be cut out.

My dr told me there were pretty rare ( I thought I had one too).

BTW, mine never came back

Did you try soaking it is warm water or warm compresses?

D
Unread 03-19-2004, 11:13 AM

I have those bumps/sores. For a long time I thought I had a STD. And every time I wanted to get a doctor to look at them they'd disappear. I get them all over my vaginal area and the inner thigh. I finally got a doctor to check them out, but he never said anything until I was like 'uh, well, what are they' and he was like 'well, it's not an std'. I was still curious because he seemed to not know. I saw another doctor after they reappeared and he said that mine was a sign that I had diabetes. They do hurt alot and I can't stand when they ooze. But that's what mine turned out to be. And I still get them. I hate it. They're embarrassing.
Unread 03-19-2004, 11:24 AM

Thanks everyone,

I'm sure this is nothing but was just curious as to what I could have! I really hope mine remains until Monday so my doctor can see this.

Donna, I've rtied hot baths and that doesn't seem to help. Good idea though!

Karmy, sounds like you have these bumps a lot worse off than I do! Ouch!! Did you really have a hysterectomy at 12?! What a horrible decision to ahve to make so young. Did you have any say in the matter?

Cindy
Unread 03-19-2004, 03:13 PM

I have gotten this and have come to the conclusion that they are pimples of some sort. They are very sore, and occasionally come to a head and burst. I immediately feel relief.

i was actually getting them fairly often and then realized, that I was getting them a few days after I used a feminine cleansing cloth. I guess these were causing it. I also noticed them when I wore my tight (spandex) exercise shorts. I think they were rubbing and causing irritation.

I have also had them where they seem like a pimple under the skin. They are a little lump that hurts for a day or 2, then they go away.

I have been able to tie them to certain products that I may have used. I also noticed them more before my period, than any other time.

I was pretty freaked out about it for awhile, then a friend told me that she gets them sometimes too. (I thought I contracted herpes or something) Sometimes it helps to know that others have experienced the same thing.

Good Luck
Jenny
Unread 03-19-2004, 03:18 PM

Yes, it is good to know others get this as well. When I searched for this I came up with genital herpes! Well, my heart dropped. I KNEW my hubby had been my only partner and I thought I had been his, BUT for one moment I thought "maybe he slept around"! If you knew us you'd know how ridiculous that thought was! I'm thinking it has somehting to do with the recent surgery, recent UTI, meds I am on or something new I've used. I just need it to stay there until Monday so my doctor can reassure me.

Thanks again for the replies!

Cindy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway