HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

fibroids/ being worn out,tired fibroids/ being worn out,tired

Unread 03-31-2004, 07:43 PM
fibroids/ being worn out,tired

I was just curious...can fibroids make you feel really tired,
My blood levels are fine so it's not anemia, I was thinking just the mere weight of them would cause this exaustion? and fatigue?
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:14 PM

I felt tired all the time with mine. But I think it was just like being pregnant. Had 4# fibroid with 4 month size uterus. I think body senses that and acts accordingly. Now I am still tired from working way to much and still healing. Hope this helps...
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:16 PM

I was tired a lot also...I do seem to have more energy now!
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:27 PM

Yes, yes, yes, fibroids can make you feel really tired. I wasn't anemic either. But I felt like I was a slug. It's hard to explain but I know exactly what you mean.

I'm almost 5 months post-op and when I get tired now, from doing too much while still recovering, it's a different kind of tired. I know what's causing it and if I rest up, I get a kind of cheerful energy back. And even when I'm tired, I feel good, if that makes sense.

Gerri
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:51 PM

I wasn't anemic either, but noticed over the past couple of years that as my fibroids got bigger and bigger, I started getting fatigued more easily. The other women that I work with who also had hysterectomies also felt tired from their fibroids. The constant "pressure" and bloating, increased need to urinate, increased cramping etc was such an energy drainer!
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:11 PM

I had a SAH the 1st of March and am hoping my tiredness will go away. Prior to surgery I was tired all the time with no anemia. I am really hoping that once I heal the exhaustion will go away.
Unread 04-01-2004, 12:10 AM

prior to finding mine i had no pain and thought i had no symptoms, so my surgery was a real surprise cause i had no idea anything was really wrong, just abnormal periods,BUT now i know that i was exhausted and thought it was just me becoming lazy, i was putting a dent in the couch cushion and the house was more than i could handle... i also am tired now after the surgery and also can now see that it is a different kind of tired...
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:34 AM

Very interesting that you asked this question... I was wondering 2.
Prior to my hysterectomy TVH,BSO, HRT 2 weeks ago... I was having trouble w/ energy. In fact... that's all I was having trouble w/. No menstral problems at all. I was tired, didn't feel like doing my hiking (I hike 10Ks) then in Dec started getting sick. In Jan went to the Dr for a sinus infection... and came out w/ a scheduled hysterectomy. LOL. For the 6 weeks of waiting until my hytsterectomy I had 2 sinus infections, the flu for 2 weeks, bronchitus, throat infection, and an ear fungus. I was horrible... but now after the surgery I FEEL GREAT!!!! I can't believe the difference in energy. I'm still recovering... but it's not a "sick" feeling any more.... not even really tired.
YOU'LL DO GREAT... and you'll feel 100x better! Good luck.
sandra
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:38 AM
tired

Wow, I didnt realize that the fibroids are the reason I am always tired until I read this post. These darn octuplets are wearing me out. Three more weeks and they'll be history!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.