How do I handle HRT @ 37!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do I handle HRT @ 37!! How do I handle HRT @ 37!!

Unread 04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
How do I handle HRT @ 37!!

I will tave a TAH/BSO late May.I am 37 years old and terrified of the HRT,not that it will cause cancer but that it will not work,I am so worried about weight gain,I have to work so hard just to keep myself on the low end of chubby as it is,I have always had a thyroid problem sense I was ten years old...My question is how do I even know what I am asking for? and how much are you supposed to excpect from your OBGYN? Please any insight,I am so scared......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 06:10 PM

Hello,
I am 37 also, I have been on the vivelle dot patch since I was 6 weeks post op. I havent had any bad reactions from it other than some weight gain. I too was worried about all this, I have read every book I could from the library to learn all I could. I am lucky in the fact that I have a wonderful DR who listens to my concerns and explains everything to me in plain english. I would contact your DR with your concerns, they are there for you. I would get online and look up what you can. Everyone is differnt in what we can and cant take. I don't know much about thiroid problems. I wish you luck!
Unread 04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
lost

Thanks for responding,so How bad has all this been for you? I feel so alone so lost,and broken and like it is my fault.What kind of weight gain? 5 pounds I can handle,I SO apricate your help...this is a hard thing for us all but right now it seems it is only me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 07:24 PM

I'm only 32 and have been put on Premarin. Honestly, I don't think I will be that concerned with a little weight gain if it keeps me from feeling like a crazy person.
Unread 04-05-2004, 09:03 PM

I'm 33. Next week is my castle date. HRT is a big concern for me, too. I don't think my ovaries work all that well already, (wierd hair growth, hair loss, wt gain, moods all over the place, etc), but it's still scary relying on an outside source. I told my Dr. no, initially, I wanted to keep them. The tests came back "off" enough to scare me into "ripping those puppies out" as my aunt says. He's been in surgery all week so I haven't even been able to talk to him about my options with HRT. Talk about nerve wracking. I plan on doing research this weekend, before surgery on monday (4/12) so I have an idea what to discuss. Otherwise, my head is pretty much in the sand. Too much to deal with...

cluck, cluck, cluck
Unread 04-05-2004, 11:47 PM

While each individual responds differantly to HRT, you bring up very valid concerns. Your doctor will best be able to determine what is the best HRT for you!!!

I am 33 and had TAH/BSO 6mo.ago. I was placed on Premarin 1.25mg., at two weeks post-op. I have, thus far, done quite well with it!!! Hormonally I feel better than I had on my own hormones, which weren't working! I have LOST 55 pounds!!! A lot due to the fact that I now feel SO much better and have the energy to get up and do more!!! I have had no night sweats, hot flashes,weird hair growth, mood swings.....I have had no libido issues, in fact quite the opposite! I feel so much happier than I did before. For me, HRT is my best friend!!! (and my DH's!!!)

The best thing for you to do is to discuss your concerns with your doctor and keep him/her informed of any/all symptoms you have!!! Together, you should be able to come up with a comfortable treatment plan to minimize the surgical-menopause symptoms!!! If you see that you are having trouble, don't put off waiting to let your doctor know....they can't treat you, if they don't know how you are doing!!!!

I hope you have as good of results with HRT as I have had!!!

Hugs,
Ronda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register