HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Just found out how much my uterus actually was worth!!! Just found out how much my uterus actually was worth!!!

Unread 04-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Just found out how much my uterus actually was worth!!!

Bills are rolling in... I took a calculator and added up how much my uterus /ovaries/ and fall tubes were actually worth so far....! Haven't gotten the DR bill yet...
$$$$$$$ 62,500 big ones!!!!!!!!
I could have had a nice vehicle, new clothes, down pymt on a nice house for all that! Thank goodness for insurance!!! LOL
climb
Unread 04-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Hospital Bill came today

I just got my bill today too. I had a TAH and was in the hospital for two and half days. My bill for just the hospital was $8670. I'm thinking I will have more bills coming in.
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:55 PM

Hospital bill was $30,000. All the Doc's and pathology another $9,000...
Unread 04-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Here Comes the Bills

I had TVH on 3/17/04, in hospital 2 days. Only bill I've received so far is the hospital, and that was almost $11,000. I'm sure the doctor, etc... bills will be coming too. Thank God for insurance. But I feel better than I have in over 20 years, so it's worth every penny.

APRIL DAWN
Unread 04-06-2004, 01:57 AM

I did not have to pay hospital any of $9400 (insurance negotiations), I paid my doctor $530 ($300 of which was for deductible not yet met), $0 for anesthiologist ( ins. neg.), pathology was included in hospital bill...so far that is all I have rec'd and don't anticipate receiving any more...Thank God for insurance....it was the bet $530 I have spent in years!!!!!
Unread 04-06-2004, 03:15 PM

wow.... mine TAH/BSO was just about $ 9,000.00... that was all of the bills (which included a 4 day hospital stay!)
Unread 04-06-2004, 04:45 PM

LAVH costs more than TAH because of the one-use trocars, (tools and arms etc.) that cost thousands of dollars. Just the intraperontoneal anesthesia spray they use when they open up the navel peritoneum costs $1400. Add that to extended operating room time, sometimes the operation goes on for 3 or 4 hours.
So far I've only seen $30,000 in bills, but I've only paid about a little over $600, including Rxs.

I had LAVH, posterior repair, 2 and a half hours in OR, 32 hrs in the hospital, no complications.
Unread 04-06-2004, 07:03 PM

Such a cross section of prices..........my hospital bill for a three day stay was 21,000......the doctor bill 4,000, the anesth. was another 1350.......imagine my surprise when the insurance company paid the dr, the anesth., the pathologist and all and sundry EXCEPT for the 21,000 for the hospital. They told me I could pay that, I laughed out loud........I got an itemized bill from the hospital and found several items I was never given but was billed for like peri-panties, never had a pair on the entire stay.......sorry for the visual.......but anyway.........the bill was mind boggling and so is talking to the insurance company about why they will not pay the bill........SIGH.....
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:12 PM

My total is around $9500. Insurance will pay the bulk, thank goodness. Of course, I also had a D&C and laparoscopy in Oct. which was $3000. Back in 2000 I had a LEEP for dysplasia, around $1200. Add in all the painkillers, pads, missed work, wearing out two heating pads, pain and suffering, wear and tear on relationships --- who knows?

So I think my uterus wasn't worth poop! But taking care of it has cost a small fortune! So glad it's gone.
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:06 PM

oh i got my bill not long ago, and for my 3 day hosp stay and surgery it was 10,600. and the ER visit the day after i was discharged was 4800.00....of course that isnt including Anest., and Dr charges...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.