HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

When I push on my stomach - my back hurts When I push on my stomach - my back hurts

Unread 04-07-2004, 07:16 AM
When I push on my stomach - my back hurts

Hi Tam,

You are quite welcome for the tennis ball tip, my girls love to do it. We just have to fight with the dog over the tennis balls.LOL.

I just read your post about vag. u/s...they do it with a full bladder ?!?! I don't think I will be able to hold it, I'll flood the table.

When I read all of the posts here I feel like such a 'newbie' I don't even know what's wrong with me yet and you guys have all been through so much. I feel for each and everyone of you.

Hugs,
Michelle

p.s. Just experienced the painfull sex thing for the first time....up til now it didn't hurt. Now things feel very strange...like pieces & parts are getting stuck. Yuck !
Unread 04-07-2004, 07:43 AM

Me too! I use to lay in bed and press on my abdomen or pelvic area and feel all this weird stuff and yes it did make me feel uncomfortable. I did notice though a lump did get bigger and heaven behold it my uterus it grew all the way up to my belly button. I use to have my husband feel my stomach too while laying there. Of course he didn't know what was going on....I think it very normal because we know that something is not right in our bodies. Hope your ultrasounds go well.

TAH4-23 fibroids, enlarged uterus, heavy bleeding, painful
Unread 04-07-2004, 07:50 AM

Hi michelle,
about the water and the U/S...you fill up with water (and hope the test isnt delayed!) for the external part, they need something to bounce the waves off of...then you go pee (AHHH!) and come back in for the internal (transvaginal) I have had several of these, all different techs, but they are all very gentle and sympathetic...they understand that you may be tender in there, and they are very careful about your modesty. Needless to say, they are always women!

akita
Unread 04-07-2004, 12:30 PM

Hi Akita,
Thank you for explaining this to me. I thought I was going to have to try and hold the pee while they were prodding around 'in there'. I was already wondering how I would hold it while they did the reg. u/s.

You have reassured me !

Hugs,
Michelle
Unread 04-07-2004, 01:36 PM
feeling for uterus

when i went to the DR i told him something was falling out. So he did a pelvic exam. He kind of laughed he said feel this and he pushed on my right side just under my ribcage so i did he said that is your uterus he did the same on the other side so i said if thats my uterus what is falling out? He said your uterus its taking up my whole insides he says the good news is it wont fall out its way to big. I will be so glad to get this mess out of me
Unread 04-07-2004, 02:54 PM

Geez Louie ~ Now your gonna have me poking & prodding around again .LOL.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time ~ I'm here if you need to vent.

Hugs,
Michelle

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway