HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Problems with Bladder & Uterus being fused together Problems with Bladder & Uterus being fused together

Unread 04-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Problems with Bladder & Uterus being fused together

I had my TAH on April 13,004 and my bladder and uterus were fused together by scar tissue from a previous c-section. I am finding that my recovery is moving at a slower pace than many of you not experiencing this problem.

Is there anyone out there that had this problem?.... And, are you having or had problems with pain and fatigue beyond the 2 week period. I hear many women say that they feel great at 2 weeks. I wish!.......

Please tell me when will I feel better? What can I do to speed up my recovery?.....

Lily-Violet
Unread 04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Problems with Bladder & Uterus being fused together

Hi..I had my TAH on 1/26/04. I had the same problem with my bladder and uterus. My doc said it was from 2 previous c-sections and something about "the way things were stitched up before" She never would explain that part. She said I was an absolute mess in there and it took over an hour just to separate them before she could do anything else. I had terrible bladder spasms while I was in the castle. My bladder wouldn't even empty without meds for the spasms even with the cath. I still have trouble with my bladder being sore if I don't go as soon as possible. My kids thought it was hilarious when they could hear me..pee, stop, pee, stop....it would take me forever to finish sometimes.
As far as speeding up recovery......take it easy. I felt ready to go back to work after 3 week but stayed off for 6 just to be sure. I ended up having to take another week off at week 8 b/c I had to have emergency surgery to repair a hole that ripped completely through the vaginal wall into my abdomen. That was March 26. I took a week off, went back to light work in my office the next week and have felt great except for being exausted a lot. I think that will be around a while. I can say though, I feel better than before my first surgery for about 2 weeks now.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.