HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Complex Ovarian Cyst??? should i worry? Complex Ovarian Cyst??? should i worry?

Unread 05-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Complex Ovarian Cyst??? should i worry?

Newbie here .. wish i had known about this place b4 i had mine done this is a great site .I had a hysterectomy 9/31/2002 (left both ovaries) now i am told that i have a complex ovarian cyst that is 7 cm on my left ovary... i am scared to death !! Does anyone have any info on these? i have looked on the net but all that is doing is confusing me.. the pain is not there all the time anymore but my leg has been numb feeling and tingling.. is that normal???? please help me to understand this better if you know ANYTHING LOL

labradorable
Unread 05-04-2004, 06:13 AM

Hi labradorable,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters. I'm awfully sorry that you are in pain, but I'm glad that you found us and posted.

I don't have any personal experience to share, but wanted to suggest that you do a search in the HS Resource Database, here:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/link.php?s=

And also search the message boaqrds (click onto the word "search" just above the drop-down box to the top right of this page).

I found the following web page by searching the database - be sure to click on each topic to the right of their home page:

http://12.31.13.84/library/healthgui...?HWID=hw181644

I hope someone with personal experience will come along soon.

S
Unread 05-04-2004, 11:40 AM

I had a complex ovarian cyst, which was removed with my TAH/BSO. The pathology report showed no disease. My gyn even told me ahead of time that he "wasn't worried" about it, in terms of possible ovarian cancer. Your numb and tingling leg sounds like how sciatica has been described to me, from some people I know who have it, including my DH. What does your doctor say?
Unread 05-04-2004, 12:34 PM

Thanks for moving to the right place with my post KDeit i realized after, that i put it in the wrong spot LOL .. I have to see ANOTHER OBGYN in 2 weeks and have ANOTHER ultrasound to see if it is getting bigger or shrinking, it was 7 cm a month ago.. i am not a pro on cysts by no means, but that seams pretty BIG to me,, but what do i know LOL. All i know is i am tired, energyless(not a word i do not think LOL) and i feel like i have a fever most of the time but i do not and i am tired of it .. I think my periods were better than this LOL at least i knew they were going to stop eventually LOL ( 3 weeks after they started) I think my body had the whole period concept backwards on for 3 off for 1 if i was lucky.
As for the numbness and tingling i have to wait for 2 weeks till my DR gets back from holiday before i can see him. I can not wait cause i love him he is a nice man. Fingers like elephant trunks :0

but bedside manners of a saint. Like waking up to an angel looking over you.....
Shelley
Unread 05-05-2004, 12:49 PM

Hello,

I have a 12cm cyst on my left ovary. I am schedule to have surgery on May 18th to remove the ovary and tube. I have to decide if I want to keep my other ovary and uterus in tact if they are normal. I do not know what to do because i also have a 2cm cyst on my right ovary. I do not want to go through surgery again in the future. You are not alone I am very scared, but I have been praying and I know my family and friends are praying for me too. Right now I want to feel better I too get tired easily, can't really walk right because I feel an obstruction. The doctor told me it even grew bigger in a couple of months.

I found this link on this website www.hopeinhim.net/theoperation.html

I cried when I read it. It gave me so much peace.

Take Care!

Debbie
Unread 05-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Some recommendations

If you're dealing with a complex cyst, has your doctor ordered a CA-125 test for you? They are not perfect as cancer markers go, but if it is a possible malignancy, having that marker may help guide your therapy.

I would strongly recommend speaking with a GYN-oncologist for this surgery. They're the experts, not only at women's cancers, but also at complex surgeries; ovarian removal after hyst can be a bit tricky to do. Your leg tingling, etc, may mean that a nerve is being pressed in the inguinal area (the groin) by the mass, or by its pressing on something else, such as intestine, that is then impinging on the nerves in the area. All the more reason to discuss this with a GYN-onc -- make VERY sure that you bring up the leg tingling stuff, as it can be an important clue to what nerves are involved with this problem.

Good luck! It's scary, I know -- but very often these turn out to be endometriomas instead: yucky but benign .

Audrey
Unread 05-07-2004, 03:03 PM

You are not alone.... I am over a year and a half from my TAH and I just found out that I have a complex cyst on my remaining ovary.

To make things more exciting, I just had surgery on Feb 4th to remove more endometriosis on the right side and several areas of endosalpingiosis on the left. I did have a cyst of endosalpingiosis and two functional cysts removed from my left ovary at that time... The radiologist wrote that with my history it could be an endometrioma. I have never had an endometrioma on either ovary.... so I am wondering if it is the endosalpingiosis again.... it seems too soon to have anything happening there at all!! I had a Gyn/Onc for the surgery in february... he did comment that many times endosalpingiosis on the ovary is mistaken for cancer. I saw the pathology reports and they confirmed it was endosalpingiosis.

While the cysts I had before the surgery were bothersome... this one is really causing me a great deal of pain. It is a bummer for me since I was finally starting to feel much better since my surgery.. and then this happened and it is causing me more pain than what I had before the surgery on a daily basis.

I won't hear back from the doctor until next week... I don't know what he will recommend as I have never had a complex cyst show up on an ultrasound.

Keep us posted on what you find out etc. I hope everything is OK!!!

Sarah

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.