HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

ready for this?  anal sex ready for this? anal sex

Unread 05-23-2004, 03:07 PM
ready for this? anal sex..don't be afraid to read, it's not graphic

Besides the TVH, I also had anterior and posterior repair. What's the take on anal sex? I realize not everybody partakes in this act, but there are some people that find pleasure in this, in which I am one of those people. Honestly, I'm not sure what actually takes place in the repair of the posterior. Can someone please come forward w/ such a delicate subject?
Unread 05-23-2004, 03:28 PM
ready for this? anal sex

This would be a question for you to ask your doctor. Repairs to anterior and posterior include many incisions and stitches and it would be the best thing to get the exact information from the surgeon AND ask your question to the doctor regarding vaginal sex and this form as well. (In other words, be CLEAR what you are asking.)

In all situations, sex needs the clearance of your surgeon so you do not introduce infection to your incisions, rip stitches or do damage to the repair.
Unread 05-23-2004, 03:35 PM
ready for this? anal sex

thank you, Kathy. My first post-op (2 week) with my doctor is coming up this Thursday. I will have a list of questions. Generally, I'm very healthy and have never been laid up for any longer that a day or two. This is absolutely driving me insane. My DH and I have a very active life and sex life (which I'm very proud to say). It has not quite been two weeks since my surgery and already I'm ready to get busy w/ a number of things. I know, I know.....listen to my DR....and I will. Thanks for your imput. I know this is a delicate subject...but I also know this is a place where we can be honest and upfront w/ each other.
Unread 05-23-2004, 05:13 PM
ready for this? anal sex

While I am recovering from my surgery, I only wish DH would consider that with me. He finds it distasteful. I have done it that way, & would enjoy it and enjoy being able to pleasure my husband that way. But he wouldn't do it, period.

He won't consider it. In fact, I told him I could masturbate now, and he was shocked & horrified. He thought I had to wait 6 weeks for that. I told him the clitoris was not operated on, and it was fair game.

Some men are real duds in bed. Be glad you have a real firecracker !
Unread 05-23-2004, 05:38 PM
ready for this? anal sex

Ok - blushing here - we can masturbate? Not to get technical....but, wouldn't an orgasm aggrevate the vaginal cuff area? How soon can we masturbate? I would be far too embarrassed to ask my doc this question. I'm not even sure I want to be touched in that area...but, it HAS been 4 weeks since anything has gone on in that department, so I am feeling a little frustrated.

Sorry to steal your post - I have no idea what to say about the anal sex. I wouldn't think it would be a good idea. Your colon is so close to your vaginal canal. I just wouldn't want to disrupt anything while it's healing.
Unread 05-23-2004, 07:48 PM
ready for this? anal sex

My doc told me that having an orgasm wouldn't do any damage to any internal work he'd done. I don't suppose it makes a difference if it was solo or duo sex.

Re: anal sex, be careful. I would NOT recommend anal penetration for the same reason LRF mentioned. We had never done that before, but did sort of partake in that activity about the 3rd week after. Not deep at all--just a little ways in. The bad thing is that my dh ended up with a nasty UTI and his doc said he probably got it from me. Of course, dh didn't share our "secret" but I can only imagine it had to be from that activity!
Unread 05-23-2004, 09:16 PM
ready for this? anal sex

I never see the same doc twice since I go to a teaching hospital. I am not really comfortable just throwing that question out there to the docs. I am having the some repaires in that area as I assume is what you are having GABelle. I am not sure exactly what anterior and posterior repair is but if you are asking about anal sex I would assume it is close to the area......boy I am just not very educated am I???? Sorry!! I just can not bring my self to ask a new doctor something like this......then again I am sure my hubby will ask or burst!!! It isnt something we do very often so for safetys sake I am just going to make that a nono area until I am positive all has healed properly. Surely a few years will do
Unread 05-23-2004, 09:58 PM
ready for this? anal sex

Okay, Major Blushing Time here....

I was cleared for sex at 4 1/2 weeks, doc said I had done a great job taking care of myself (which I did). She said usually the abdominal incision looks better than the vaginal cuff at that point, but that my vaginal cuff had healed just as nicely. She truly seemed pleased, which surprised me since all my previous encounters with her seemed so strained and uncomfortable to me.

Getting to the point - or sort of saying it in a round about way - masturbation must not cause vaginal cuff damage. If you get my drift. Nothing should go into the vagina though until you are cleared. Nothing.

Phew.

Definitely ask your doc, but I have my own opinion based on common sense FWIW:
Anal sex after a posterior repair (repairing that wall between the vagina and rectum) seems to me like asking for trouble. We're talking about a spot that is considerably smaller, tighter, and less "suited" for sex than a vagina. I'm thinking that forcing something large and rigid into that fragile, healing area would be unwise... I am taking stool softeners and eating lots of fiber because I don't even want something that large exiting mine and I didn't have a repair there!!

Personally, if that were something I wanted to do I would wait at least 6 months or longer before attempting it to avoid having to go back and repair the area again. There are other ways to enjoy sex that have less potential for reinjuring yourself.

Just my

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway