HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

tilted uterus- back pain? tilted uterus- back pain?

Unread 05-24-2004, 08:25 PM
tilted uterus- back pain?

I was told a few years ago that I have a tilted or inverted uterus.I have always had back pain but since being diagnosed with this tumor, my back pain in constant and sometimes quite unbearable. I am never truly comfortable. I thought it was my mattress! I was wondering if any of you have this problem and what you do for releif? I use a heating pad, Motrin 600mg every 6 hours, and percocet as needed, but the relief is only for maybe an hour or two at the most. I hate to sound like a whiny baby :cry: but I am only 29 and feel 50. I also have headaches at least 5 days a week. I have brought this up to my previous doctors (and will tell this new one the next time we meet). In the meantime, any ideas? Thanks!

Unread 05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
YES!

You sound JUST like me! I am never comfortable, always have back pain, have headaches almost every single day and am constantly feeling like I'm 60 years old, and I'm only 33. I used to be able to jog, work out and clean the house from top to bottom, and now I get unbearable back pain and too tired just cleaning the kitchen. It's so frustrating... I don't even feel like myself anymore.

I've had my fibroids for a few years as well, but they have grown quite a bit this last 2 years.

At my last ultrasound, the tech said something about my uterus "reverting" and told me that I was "twisted inside"...

I have been taking Super Motrin (800mg every few hours), but now that I am supposed to have surgery tomorrow morning, I've been taking Extra Strength Tylenol since that's all I'm allowed to take til after the surgery.

I also get really painful, achy legs sometimes too - and my doctor said it's probably the fibroids pressing on my nerves and causing pain in my legs... it felt like I was getting no circulation to my legs... so I was relieved to hear it wasn't that.

ANYWAY, I just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain! I'm hoping my road to "normal again" starts tomorrow morning when I have my TAH.

Best wishes to you!
Julie
Unread 05-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh... P.S.

Forgot to tell you, my uterus is 20 week size too. So, it really sounds like we are living in the same nightmare.

Not for long!

Julie
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:20 PM

I want to wish you all the best,
I too have serious back pain and had a tilted uterus, now I hope yours improves, mine has not, if your pain comes back at one of your post ops get a morning appointment and ask for a blood test for RA Reumatiod Arthritis and other arthritis tests, could be a cause.. I hope not, for me it is the case if dixs they can treat it.
Good luck in the castle I hope with the uterus removal you all feel great!!
Hugs
Mary
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:33 PM

I too have the back pain (possible fibroids) polyps, enlarged uterus. I think she's right about checking on your back after post op.
Keep us updated. I like to know if it gets better.
D
Unread 05-25-2004, 01:46 AM

Hi,
I was told many years ago that my uterus was tilted and have had problems with lower back pain for many years. Had my fibroids taken care of in April and in my case it has helped my back a great deal. Best of luck.
Unread 05-25-2004, 06:59 AM

Hi
I too have a tilted uterus, and suffer severe back pain 24-7. I am currently taking percocet every 4-6 hours every day to deal with it. The pain never truly goes away, but the percocet has made it manageable.

I don't have fibroids, but I do have adenomyosis and endo. According to the Prince Charming....my insides are all glued together with adhesions, which are putting pressure on the nerves in my pelvis.

I am hoping and praying that this surgery will ease the pain in my back. I'm not asking for 100% relief, but at least 50% pain reduction would be nice.

Like you, I kept blaming the pain on my mattress! I figured it was either that, or that I was getting too "fluffy" and needed to loose some weight. Turns out it was neither of those things! Although I could stand to loose a few pounds

I do understand feeling ancient though. I'm 33 and this morning I feel about 106!

Wishing you luck with your hyst and hoping we both end up pain free.

Tam
Unread 05-25-2004, 08:54 AM

Thanks Northlights- How long have you been dealing with this and living on those darn pills? I possibly have endo and adeno too, but they haven't looked inside yet for a definite diagnosis. says that there is no since in doing a laproscopy now since my surgery date is so soon. Thanks for your thoughts.

Unread 05-25-2004, 10:05 AM

Hi geniann
Well, I've been in pain for what seems like forever, but I had a laparoscopy in February, and things have gone way downhill since then. Probably new adhesions formed from that surgeyr.

I started out with daily tylenol 3 following surgery. About 3 weeks ago I was in excruciating pain, to the point of daily crying, and living curled up in a ball with my heating pad. The ER doc thought it was ridiculous that I was in that much pain, so he prescribed the percocet. My GP then prescribed enough to get me through till surgery.

I am thankful that I wasn't given a hard time at the ER. Some docs assume that people are just out to get drugs. It was quite obvious to the doc that I was in distress. I guess I looked pretty white, and he only had to press lightly on my belly for me to whimper. My GP also knows how long I've been dealing with this, and didn't see a problem with 6 weeks on narcotics.

healing s and much love to you!

Tam
Unread 05-25-2004, 10:42 AM
shoes

I had an inverted uterus but also was diagnosed with a lower back problem. Other than doing exercises to relieve the lower back pain or yoga, I only wear birkenstock shoes now. I cook at a restaurant, so I am on my feet all the time. I found a huge improvement from wearing birkis at home and work. I know they are not for everyone, but I would try some kind of shoe with better support. It may help in addition to your pain meds.

Good Luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway