HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

7 weeks post op and now bacterial infection 7 weeks post op and now bacterial infection

Unread 05-29-2004, 12:50 PM
7 weeks post op and now bacterial infection

I am 7 weeks post op I got the ok on 4 weeks to have intercourse well I waited another 2 weeks (scared) . I did and started to spot after ,I called doc and she said that it was normal 2 days later I noticed a odor and called back.I set up an appt. and found out that I have a bacterial infection and let me tell you awful awful I was not told from my doc that only lubricate to use was KY other stuff harbors bacteria. I just thought I would ask if any one had this problem too if not I thought I would spread the word about the KY

Tracy
Unread 05-29-2004, 01:31 PM

Hi Tracy

I'm so sorry you got a bacterial infection. I hope your dr has you well on your way to recovery. You were wise to give her a call when you knew things weren't quite right.

Please keep being a good by resting, walking and drinking that lovely water.

Take care of yourself, ya hear? Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Sending you a big

Blessings,
Unread 05-29-2004, 01:36 PM

I was put on metro gel I just can't wait for this to go away I was told to wait another week to have intercorse dh is being great though poor man. It does not hurt it was the odor that alarmed me not fishy but like a band aide sorry so grafic. The doc told me after surg there is some old blood up there and that too will cause bacteria to sit along with the lubricate we used

Thanks Tracy
Unread 05-29-2004, 01:40 PM

WOW> I am also 7 weeks, and have resumed sex twice in past few days, Both times (yesterday included) I bled. Not alot, but more than just a spot too. It was not the brown stuff I had around 4-5 weeks, this time it was red (pinkish red), Was that what yours looked like? At my 6 weeks check,, I still had a little part that had not healed yet, so they cauterized it with the silver Nitrate sticks. He said wait about a week and go very slow.. (Tell my DB that after 7 weeks of NOTHING!! ) anyway, Do you have pain with your infection. I wonder how long we are supposed to bleed with sex after 7 whole weeks? I feel a little crampy today. The thought of a complication or infection scares me!! Did they put you on antibiotics? How long now till you can resume sex safely? did your tell you that? Don't you just want to feel like you are all back to "NORMAL"?? I do!!
kathie
Unread 05-29-2004, 01:47 PM

It was slightly pink enough to know it was blood I was told this would happen a few more time and was told that if it was bright red and lasted more than a day to go to the er and doc told me if it soaked more than a liner to call or go to er but that is my doc and my body everyone is different so call yours to see what they say.I was told to wait another week so I don't get reinfected , no I was not put on antibotics due to I can't because I get yeast infections that why doc put me on metrogel it is a gel that I put inside at night .I only knoew something was wrong due to awful odor.
Unread 05-31-2004, 08:56 PM

I sure hope you are feeling much better now. My bleeding is NO more.. YEAH!! Kathie
Unread 06-01-2004, 04:34 AM

I am starting to feel better, dh is not due to a few more days for him to wait, lol, poor man. I am glad to here you are doing much better. Take care

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.