IC during orgasm | Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

IC during orgasm IC during orgasm

Unread 05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
IC during orgasm

I need to know if anyone has had problems with urinating during orgasm. I have very strong orgasms, and I just have a flood. I always empty my bladder before hand, but with a cycstocele, I'm sure it doesn't empty fully. Of course, certain postions press on the bladder and it just leaks out. I am very lucky to have a partner that is okay with it. (We need to keep a towel under me!!) The urologist says it's urge IC and not stress IC. Therefore, when I have my TVH and A&P repairs, will not be having a bladder sling.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I just ... different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Unhappy - IC during orgasm IC during orgasm

Hi Emmy60...

I have experienced leaking during orgasm...prior to my TAH (haven't had sex since my TAH in March due to a fistula). A couple of things worked for me tho'. One was not to drink ANY carbonated beverages e.g. soda pop, beer etc. and also my doctor prescribed imiprimine which worked great. Only side effect is dry mouth, but not bad.

Hope this helps...it's so great to have a SO that loves you no matter what...I have one of those too.

Take care...Marnel
Unread 06-01-2004, 09:05 AM
IC during orgasm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm starting on Detrol LA after surgery due to the A&P repairs, and the potential side effect of constipation.

Let me know how it goes for you, once everything heals. I hope that it is very soon. Don't know about you, but I'm not looking forward to the 8 weeks without.

Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 09:38 PM
IC during orgasm

Emmy, I had to giggle - did you kow that in some circles urinating on one another during sex is considered erotic?? Look at you, you erotic thing- and you didn't even know it!

It is great that your SO is understanding about it. Hey, it's just one of those things, you know? Does the towel work? If not I was thinking that I'll bet you can get those blue chuks things at a medical supply store or something to put under the towel, JUST in case. THAT would be my luck!

How will they correct this situation for you? I don't know too much about the different "celes" that can happen after a hyster.

~Jo
Unread 06-05-2004, 08:30 AM
IC during orgasm

Hi Jo

Erotic or not, it's a real pain in the you know what. I'm hoping that the cyctocele repair will do the trick. Sometimes the towel, which is folded in thirds, is not enough. The biggest issue is with spontanaity, can't just do it whenever, whereever.

I am very lucky to have a SO that doesn't care at all. I'm sure others are not a fortunate.

Ellen

(Home 3 days post-op and doing well.)
Unread 06-05-2004, 03:12 PM
IC during orgasm

Yeah - that would put kind of a damper on the whole spontaneity issue, wouldn't it? Well, I sure hope they get that straightened out for you with your surgery.
Hey - I just had a thought! Why not SPONTANEOUSLY surprise your man in the shower someday? No probs to deal with in there! OOOHHH - that would be fun!!

Take care of you....
~Jo
Unread 06-10-2004, 08:28 PM
IC during orgasm

The main problem for me is it wiped out any natural lubrication that I had going on....so no muliple orgasms when you leak. :-(

Marnel

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register