Bladder pain since surgery! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder pain since surgery! Bladder pain since surgery!

Unread 06-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Bladder pain since surgery!

Hi everyone, new to this sight. i have read alot of problems in here that sounds exaclty like mine. I had surgery may 21st a total hystrectomy. i think the worse pain is waking up in the morning with a full bladder and it hurts so bad until i get done.
i have had some blood in my urine while in hospital after they took cathator out, and still every once in awhile.
anyone have any suggestions. I have also been on a emotional rollar coaster, one minute laughing next bawling like baby.
they have me on premarine but am wondering ifi should call regular doc and see what he thinks.
everyone take care hope to hear from ya! lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 03:19 AM

Hi Sissylisa, first of all welcome. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but pushing this up the board a bit in the hope that another sister can help you out.

I have a painful bladder too in the morning, a little painful to urinate then all's fine till I need to go next time. I have just read an interesting thread posted by Belladonna 'Bladder Infection vs. Bladder Spasms' that might help you.

I'm hoping replies from from some of the sisters might help us out on this one.

Take care and stick around. Hugs.
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:40 AM

Hi sissylisa,

You could be having bladder spasms but you might want to call your dr just for some peace of mind. They won't mind...that's what they are there for.

It's perfectly normal to be riding the emotional rollercoaster too. This is major surgery and our bodies have been through a lot. With all the hormones all jumbled too....it's no wonder!!

Keep practicing being a good by walking, getting lots of rest and drinking your water.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. s

Blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 06:29 AM
bladder pain

i also have the same pain you are talking about. i just about cannot make it to the bathroom fast enough and then when i empty, the pain REALLY gets my attention just when i'm done. i am reading in these posts that it could be bladder spasms and that does make a lot of sense. with all the intrusion that went on during surg, this is proabably all what's usual. i really feel that in these first few months, anything new that's not too annoying, i can tolerate. if things feel like they are getting out of hand, my dr will definitely get a call. call yours if it gets to be too much for you. for every new question you have, they've probably answered it 100 times. best wishes.
Unread 06-02-2004, 06:33 AM

I'm six weeks out and it STILL hurts if I let my bladder get too full. I presumed it was because I had a fibroid peeled off my bladder, though.

When in doubt, call your doc.....always better to call too often than not often enough!
Unread 06-02-2004, 07:35 AM

I'm 10wks post-op and also had vaginal and bladder repairs. I didn't have the "normal" need- to- pee feeling until about 2 wks ago. I experienced pain whenever I had to "go" - and that was every time, not just in the morning.

Now, sometimes I don't even feel like I have to go, but I do b/c it's been about 3 hrs. and boy, I'm really full. Don't know what that's all about, but I figure it's normal.

It does get better, just takes time to heal - LOTS of time. Of course, if you're concerned or if you continue to have blood in your urine, I would suggest calling your Dr. I never had any blood and my cath was in for 3 days.

Good luck.
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lost in france
Hi Sissylisa, first of all welcome. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but pushing this up the board a bit in the hope that another sister can help you out.

I have a painful bladder too in the morning, a little painful to urinate then all's fine till I need to go next time. I have just read an interesting thread posted by Belladonna 'Bladder Infection vs. Bladder Spasms' that might help you.

I'm hoping replies from from some of the sisters might help us out on this one.

Take care and stick around. Hugs.
Thanks for the info i sometimes feel im ony one going threw it
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:28 PM

I, too, have lost the normal sensation that tells me that my bladder is full. Pain now tells me that it is time to go. I am at 5 weeks post-op and suspect that this is part of the natural healing process. I really hope it clears up soon. Not fun.
Unread 06-03-2004, 11:41 PM

Hi!

I, too, had really bad pains when I urinate during the 1st couple of weeks. Doc said it was because she put the catheter in my urinary tract. I can't let it out in one go as it's just too painful, so I did it intermittently.

About 2 wks ago, I decided to take cranberry (in tablet form). It was truly a God-sent. The pain subsided substantially. Now the pains are much lesser.

Hope this works for some of you!
Unread 06-04-2004, 12:56 AM

I too have this problem. I seem to hurt when I empty my bladder. I can feel it "literally" as it deflates. My OP note said that my uterus and bladder were connected through scar tissue so I assume that is why. Maybe the trauma. I am 10 days post op. I also notice that when I have a bm I feel pain also. It seems to put pressure down "there" that is almost unbearable. I also seem to spot a little after I go to the bathroom no matter which one I do. I go to see my dr on Tues. I hope I can hold out til then. Also, do any of you have problems with tingling legs and numbness? I have a spot on my left thigh that "falls asleep" and gets cold. i called my dr and the nrs told me to call if it got worse, if not I would see him Tues. I feel like I am being paranoid. I am so glad for this site. At least we do not have to feel like we are going through this alone.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register