HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 06-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Hrt & Pmdd

I would love to talk to anyone who has had their hysterectomy because of PMDD. I am concerened I will be trading in one problem for another. Help?
Unread 06-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Hrt & Pmdd

Hi SueEllen and welcome to Hystersisters! I'm glad you found us. I've moved your post over here to the Pre-Op forum, which is our forum for members who are scheduled for a hysterectomy. Ladies from Post Op visit Pre Op to share their stories and offer support, so hopefully you will hear from some who have experience with PMDD.

We have had a few ladies come through here who had their hysterectomies because of PMDD. Here's a thread with some of their stories:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=107413

I hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 06-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Hrt & Pmdd

I was never diagnosed with PMDD. I have always suffered with severe PMS...suffered alone. My doctor is unaware that I chose to have a TAH because of this mental torture (90% of the reason anyway) the other 10% was endo, cysts, etc.

I am on my way out the door so I'll try to make this quick.
I was put on HRT 0.1mg right after surgery....I seemed happy...my family saw a noticeable difference. I gained a lot of weight. Saw my doctor for post op check and she said she was decreasing my HRT to 0.5mg because of endo diagnosis, not weight gain. I continued to gain a lot of weight so on my own I started cutting the patches in half (your not suppose to do that).
It has been over a month and yes I started losing weight (so far 10 lb) but on occasion I feel nuts! I am crying, and yelling, and irritated at everyone and everthing. My husband said he didn't care if I was three times my weight as long as I found my smile again. So I stopped cutting the patches in half, and I swear I feel better. Got to run...................................
Unread 06-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Hrt & Pmdd

I haven't had my surgery yet but PMDD is the reason that I chose to have my ovaries removed along with my hyst for adeno. My doctor seems to think it will help and be easier to control so hopefully she's right!
Unread 06-05-2004, 10:39 PM
PMDD REALLY _UCKS THE BIG ONE 'right'

Hi SueEllen
I have read a few HysterSisters Replys on a Hysterectomy for PMDD.I have read good and bad things!!!! The good things is what I am focusing on!!I have PMDD and I am getting a complete Hysterectomy on June 22 for this problem. It is the most horrable thing ever [PMDD that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] .

I have had PMS in the past but nothing compares.I hope a Hysterectomy takes care of my problems.
I get soooo depressed,irritable,angry,low self esteem, withdrawn from the world,hate everyone and so on and so on. There are so many feelings with PMDD and when you know you have it,it is soo hard to describe it totally. My husband really wants to be there for me.But he has no idea what I am going through even though I share my feelings occasionally.I do not think anyone would understand unless they suffered from this most awfull thing.So you are having a Hysterectomy for PMDD like me??? I wish us both luck!!! I do not think you are trading one problem for another!!! As long as you get on the right ML of hormones, you should be OK. Thats what I have read so far.

Well SueEllan,lets keep in touch!
If I hear any more info I will let you know
OK
Karen
P.S.

I am a 40 Year old women with 4 Kids and a Grandchild. I have a 23 year old daughter and she has a 7 year old daughter,a 18 year old son,a 9 year old daughter and a 15 year old step son
Unread 06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Hrt & Pmdd

I have a ton of problems due to PMDD. The ovarian cysts really make it worse though. It causes problems all month long. Emotionally but also physically. I use to be very physically active. The pain wears me out so quick. Im the type of person that cant sit still. Always have to be busy. Its hard to keep moving though when you have debilitating pain. My LAVH, BSO is 06/08/04. As this day draws near I worry about so many things, one of those things is will I be trading one problem for another. Ive heard many stories. Some from on here and some from people I meet in person. Mostly the stories are all good. I find that just when Im questioning should I go through with this, the pain comes back with a brute force and reminds me that yes, I need to do this. Im 99% sure I do not have cancer. I feel fortunate. I tink though, because its very likely not cancer should I be doing this. Again the pain makes me decide. I only have one ovary left and the doctr says that because of the size of the cyst on the remaining ovary have to have that one removed if Im going to go through with this in order for it to be any kind of success and to not have to find myself continuously coming back to the operating table. I hoping and praying for a successful surgery and a quick easy recovery and getting back to myself or even better. In fact I wish that for all of us!
Unread 06-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Karen

As much as I hate the thought of someone else feeling as bad as I do at times it does feel good to know I am not alone. I have been struggling with this for the past 9 years. I have tried all of the recommended antidepressants, HRT, no caffeine, lots of exercise, cutting carbs, herbs and message, etc... I have concidered other extremes that I am sure you have thought of yourself at the absolute lowest of your own private hell. In my heart and sole I feel that the hysterectomy will work for me. I have to believe it.

My best friend said when I asked her the question ¡§am I trading one problem for another?" She said even if I spend the next 10 years on antidepressants & HRT that¡¦s no different from what I am doing now and at least I will know what to expect & I won¡¦t have a period.

I am approaching this whole thing as positive and the beginning of a new and better life. I really like my Doc. She is very knowledgeable and supportive. I have had every test you could think of in that last 3 months along with monthly blood tests. I know that I am in perfect heath. Just a little crazy for 12 to 16 days of the month

I would love to keep in touch with you after our surgery¡¦s to compare notes and help each other out.

Good Luck!!!!!
Sue Ellen

I will turn 43 on 6/16, 2 days before my surgery. (Happy birthday to meļ) I have been married to a wonderful man for 23 years. I have a daughter 21, and a son 20, who are the two most incredible people I have ever met. For 14 days out of 28 I live in hell, for 5 days I gave a period and for 9 or 10 days out of each month I have a normal life.

LSH on 6/18, ovaries GONE!! I will try all natural HRT from compounding pharmacy.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.