5th Day Post Op/ Home And Scared.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5th Day Post Op/ Home And Scared.. 5th Day Post Op/ Home And Scared..

Unread 06-15-2004, 08:35 PM
5th Day Post Op/ Home And Scared..

I JUST HAD A HYSTR/ THEY KEPT BOTH OVARIES IN/ ON JUNE 10TH JUST 14 DAYS AFTER A LAPO/ DONE TO TIE TUBES AND CHECK OUT ANY OTHER PROBLEMS.... I WASN'T RECOVERED ENOUGH FROM THAT TO GET THE HYSTR/ DONE.....IT IS DAY 5 AND I HAD TO GET MY STAPLES OUT YESTERDAY BECAUSE OF INFECTION.... TODAY IM IN SEVERE PAIN/ NOTHING IS HELPING/ MEDS OR ICE/ CANT SLEEP / HURTS TO WALK/ TALK / LAY OR STAND. I HAD MY FIRST BOWEL MOVEMENT THIS AM..... WHEN I CAME HOME 2 DAYS AGO I ATE A METAMUCILE WAFER AND YESTERDAY ATE A BRAN MUFFIN/ TODAY JUST DRANK SOME PRUNE JUICE.... BUT NOW THAT I WENT I FEEL I NEED TO GO MORE AND I THINK IT IS GAS GIVING ME ALL THIS PAIN..... DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE? ALSO THE WHOLE BIKINI AREA IS SWOLLEN AND HARD TO THE TOUCH AND THE LOWER LEFT ABDOMINE IS SO TENDER IT HURTS TO TALK...... I FEEL LIKE A WHINNER........ BUT I CAN'T HELP IT... I THINK I SHOLD CALL THE DOCTOR IN THE MORNING.... ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR... THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2004, 09:02 PM

I had my surgery on June 10, too, and the gas is awful. I have had regular bowel movements, but make sure by using milk of mag or drinking coffee. Still, I have gas, and it makes it hard to walk. Can't believe that I can start building up gas right after a bowel movement, but it's happening. Have you tried heating pad? Makes my stomach feel a little better when it's hurting. Your pain meds should help, but if they don't, call your Dr. You should be feeling a bit better by now, but you have really had a hard time of it with the other surgery. They can give you something to dull the pain, but all you should be doing is resting, drinking water(no pop), and a little bit of walking, so are you maybe trying to do too much? But by all means, call your Dr. in the AM for some relief.
Unread 06-15-2004, 09:42 PM

here is some helpful info on the infamous gas that plagues us those first two weeks or so. Try to take stool softeners as they don't give gas..avoid pop...also take an anti gas pill such as gas x. There are others out there so consult with your dr. Good luck and hang in there. It will get better i swear. Walking and massaging tummy will help move gas. also the hardness of tummy and around incision is normal. I still have some hardness on the incision line and I am almost four months post op.
take care
teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2004, 12:47 AM

I have had great success with stool softeners and taking fiber in a little pill. Rest and water. I posted about one week post op feeling very blue and hopeless and received lots of encouraging words and support. I am two weeks tomorrow and I really feel good. Gentle and loving thoughts for yourself.

S
Unread 06-16-2004, 01:06 AM

you need to call your doctor!
Unread 06-16-2004, 04:32 AM

I am almost 10 weeks post op. I think the gas caused alot of my pain also. I drank alot of water and ate Fiber One Cereal and then walked slowly and that seemed to help my bowels. My incision is also still sore and hard. I promise it will get better. I can't believe how much more energy I had at 8 weeks post op. I am also sleeping better too. Hang in there. Good luck to you!!!
Unread 06-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Please do call the doctor this morning. You don't want to let any sort of infection go. Based on what you say in your post, I think I would insist on seeing the doctor. Did the doctor see your stomach yesterday when the staples were removed, or just a nurse. (I had a nurse remove mine).
Let us know what the doctor tells you.
Take care!
Unread 06-16-2004, 08:14 AM
5th day

I am 5 weeks post op from TAH and I still have issues with gas, I just can't get it out and no matter what I eat I feel like I could explode afterwards...it is so bad that my 3 year old at lunch with my in laws told the entire room "you know what, my mom can't toot or burp or go to the bathroom really well anymore b/c of her boo boo." I almost fell off my chair!! I do find walking to really help and I also can't control it when it is coming?!?!?! Thank goodness we have lots of building going on in my area, b/c when I am walking and that happens I can blame it on the sounds of the bulldozers and bobcats....sorry but it is true. I haven't tried an over the counter gas product but will do that this week...the only good thing is that I am eating less (still healthy) and I could stand to loose some of this weight gained from being in chronic pain before....

Have a good week
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:12 AM

I am almost at the month mark post-op and I'm just starting to feel better. It is hard around here becuase I'm a single parent and can't do most the stuff myself but we find ways around it of course. My son just turned 12 so he does quite a bit. I never push myself but for me it's hard to sit back and not do anything? I mean I'm the type of person who sits to watch tv, then looks at the dust on the tv and have to get up to dust it off, then the table and before I know it, I've done it all while I'm suppose to be resting..LOL!

I'm no stranger to surgery; I've had two spinals and a gallbladder removal as well as giving nature birth to my son, but for some reason with the hyster. it's taken me longer to feel 'right'. I try not to walk alot because of this pulling feeling that I have still but manage to get out at least once a day, even if it's just to check the mail. I've read a lot of these posts and am going to listen to a lot of the advice on just taking things easy and resting. I take ibuprofen for pain/discomfort twice a day and it does help. I like the term swelly belly..LOL. at this month mark I look like I'm only three months pregnant instead of six and I too walk around in very comfortable loose clothing; can't quite fit into my jean shorts yet but that's ok. I'm just enjoying my recovery time because it's giving me opportunity to do the things I never had time for before!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register