HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Vaginal itching after 7 weeks post-op? Help Vaginal itching after 7 weeks post-op? Help

Unread 11-28-2000, 08:40 AM
Vaginal itching after 7 weeks post-op? Help

For the last few days I've been experiencing a slight constant itching on the outside of vagina-embarrassing but can somebody help with a past experience? There is no discharge or odor or anything I had with a yeast infection years ago. Surgery removed all but cervix and I am on estrogen-Alora-since one week after hyst. I do go to the Dr. tomorrow for 6 week check-up but wanted some help from you wonderful sisters who have helped so much-even tho I don't talk much I do read items that have been a godsend. I have not had any major problems, just the normal gas and tiredness that most seem to have. My scar has been itching like crazy the whole time and am wondering is this itching just another healing thing-I doubt it. I did notice that while shopping over the weekend I suddenly felt like crying when I realized my mind was really not focused on it. I mentioned it to my DD-great kid-and she said she feels like that sometimes too-she's 15-oh to be young again. Anyway, I have been somewhat depressed since then-I'm starting to worry about going back to work and if I can do it all-working and Christmas and all. I feel so slow in everything I do-is anyone else like that after 7 weeks? Could the itching be a hormonal thing?
Thanks for letting me vent and hope some of you have some answers.
Bonnie
Unread 11-28-2000, 01:03 PM

I was on three rounds of antibiotics and pondered for many days if it WAS yeast infection, no discharge, no odour- ONLY the itching and in the beginning even that was sporadic... but then last week I KNEW !

So I went down to Walmart and got one of those 3 day Monistat things and that held it at bay until I ran out - but I was seeing the dr anyway and he said they invented something new while I was ignoring Drs !! It is one pill and you take it and that is IT. It goes away in a day or two. It was a little on the pricey side for ONE pill but not more than one round of Monistat would have been.

Even though there is no smell and discharge it could still be yeast. Tell your dr how you are feeling and see what he says.
Unread 11-28-2000, 06:38 PM
Thanks Kim in AB

Thanks for answering. Even tho I'm feeling better, I will still mention it tomorrow when at Dr. appt. I noticed your surgery was the day after mine. How are you feeling? Do you work outside of your home and are you reaching the end of your convalesence (sp?) I'm not looking forward to the hectic life again but on the other hand, feel I need to get back into the world. Hey, good luck to you.
Bonnie
Unread 11-28-2000, 06:56 PM

I've felt passable since 6 1/2 weeks. This morning I woke up and wasn't itchy so it was not too bad of a day.

i work inside the home homeschooling my 4 kids (6 1/2,8,9, 10 1/2)and I tutor and do childcare for a 5 year old who doesn't speak coherantly or in sentances. It's not difficult just draining.

Do I want to go back to work .... NO !! Pre-op I told her mom I wasn't doing anything for anyone until December and now it's here :-(

As far as the yeast though - whoever the guy that invented that was they ought to give him a MEDAL !

How are you feeling (other than itchy and yucky ?)
Unread 11-30-2000, 08:36 AM
Hi again to Kim in AB

Hey thanks for responding-I truly love this site and it has helped so much. Wow it sounds like you have a full and busy life-hope you can hold off the working thing for a while. After my 7 week check-up yesterday my Dr. said return to all activities with moderation which also means work on 12/4. I don't want to do it but I have to. I am a buyer for an airplane engine manufacturer and although worked for the company 18 years I had transferred to this new position for only 2 months before I found I had to have hyst. Glad my boss is understanding. My Dr. said I had granulation-did I read you had that too?-can't remember since reading so many replies. He cauterized and applied silver nitrate as everyone else experienced. I'm also the one with the itching and since it stopped I never mentioned it to Dr.-should have tho cause it's there again. I really don't think it's a yeast infection but will probably have to check back with him if it keeps up. I could be dry-I've noticed other girls mentioning it.
I can't believe that my recovery time is winding down to 4 days and my house is in a worse state than before surgery. I was hoping to get more done but I sure didn't. It was too hard when I had to sit down or rest most of the time. Oh well, hope I can deal with stress a little better now-at least I won't have PMS. I'm wondering if most sisters have been like me-not getting much done. I'm feeling pretty lazy.
Hey-hope to hear from you again Kim in AB (and anyone else that just wants to chat.)
Bonnie
Unread 11-30-2000, 09:54 AM
The Yeast Pill - Difulcan

Dear Sisters,
Just wanted to add my comments about the yeast pill diflucan. I have battled yeast infections off and on for a while now. I have used the pill Diflucan but I just want all of you to know that in some cases it does not work with just one pill - especially for stubborn infections, and you may need to take one again about 5 days later. In my case I had to take it 3 times, spaced out over a period of days. This was during pre-op life. Yes it does work to some extent, and everyone is different, but if you try it and your infection doesnt go away, call the doc and you may need to take it more than once. I seem to have allergic reactions to most yeast meds so I opt for the herbal natural route as much as possible - olive leaf extract, echinacea, acidophilus and also plenty of cranberry juice light (don't want all that sugar) or cranberry capsules which are good for your bladder and also fighting yeast. Also remember if you have to end up taking any antibiotics eat lots of yogurt or take the acidophilus capsule. this definitely helps keep your vaginal balance normal.Thank God I have remained yeast free since my TLH with Burch on Nov. 3. Hope you all find good health and lots of energy with NO ITCHING!
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.