HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Mowing the Lawn Mowing the Lawn

Unread 06-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Mowing the Lawn

How soon did you mow the lawn after surgery??? I am 5 months post op and last night I used the push mower to trim our yard. I am now hurting alot on my left side. I think I probably did a no no but it is to late.......
Unread 06-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Mowing the Lawn

I too was anxious to mow. Call be "crazy" but am a yard woman through and through.

I could not mow without the next day being in some discomfort for nearly a year.

It is the fact that you use so many abdominal muscles when pushing a mower.....I assume you meant a push mower?
Unread 06-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Mowing the Lawn

I've cut and maintained my lawn and yard single handidly for over 20 years but have had to give it up because of my surgery. Even though I had laproscopic surgery I still pay the price for over doing it. I already know my heavy power mower will be a big mistake and I have too big of a front yard with some inclines to use my light-weight push mower so I compromised and hired a service to cut and maintain the front yard and I still do the back yard. It seems to be working. Trying to do it all is impossible and only going to throw the healing process out of whack. It's just too hard on the tummy muscles. It's an added expense but think I was ready to make things easier for myself anyway and now I rather enjoy letting somebody else do it.
Unread 06-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Mowing the Lawn

Gosh, I am 5 weeks post and have been looking forward to mowing after 6 weeks. My grandson and husband have been using a rider and cutting the grass all too close. I want to use the self propelled mower as soon as possible and regain my grass. This not being able to do what you want is really bugging me.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.