HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

It is Worth IT!!! It is Worth IT!!!

Unread 07-06-2004, 07:53 AM
It is Worth IT!!!

To all you that may be wondering....

IT IS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!

I am 3 months post-op and feel better than I can ever remember feeling in my life! I was so overwhelmed the first 6 weeks after surgery, and often wondered if it did the right thing by having my TAH. I thought I would bounce right back, like I did when I was in my 20's and had 3 c-sections, and was depressed when I didn't. The recovery was longer than I expected.

At 1 week, I was able to walk around the house.
At 2 weeks, I was walking around the yard.
At 3 weeks, I was walking around the block .
At 4 weeks, I started walking around the neighborhood, and worked up to walking 2 miles a day by the time I went back to work at 6 weeks.

The first 2 weeks back at work were difficult, but each day got a little better.

I am now 12 weeks post-op, feeling great.

Hang in there sisters... IT IS WORTH IT!
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:07 AM
It is Worth IT!!!

Thanks for the pep talk! At almost 4 weeks, I am starting to get frustrated and depressed that I can't do more.

Esme
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:16 AM
It is Worth IT!!!

Good for you! That's just the encouraging words I was looking for today I'm hoping to be able to take a short walk today myself. So far I've only been to the grocery store with my DH and that did me in but it's been a few days now and I seem to be doing better. Best of luck to you and your journey back to good health.
Unread 07-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Is it ....

Hi Kim, I'm34 and had LAVH/BSO 12 weeks ago! I woke up this morning and I look like I am about to deliver a baby! I am swollen up like a balloon, right now I regret it very much!
Unread 07-06-2004, 10:12 AM
It is Worth IT!!!

I'm 44 and 11 weeks post-op today and although I still have swelly belly pretty bad, especially at the end of the day, and the various pains at times, I feel pretty good. My husband has noticed (I think I'm scaring him a bit though). He also said his mom commented that she hasn't seen me smile this month is years. I'm still having problems with getting in to exercising, using the excuse of insomnia not to get up early to exercise, the insomnia has really improved the last few weeks, and who knows, I may actually start getting up early to exercise.

Yes, I agree, it is worth it.

Barbara
Unread 07-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks!

This is much needed information! I am 3 weeks post op, and quite fatigued still. I thought that I would bounce back quickly, but I did not. I tried to go out to dinner with my husband on the 4th. I did fine, but then we went to the book store, where I walked clear to the back of the store, picked up 4 books (small ones) and walked to the front of the store. I thought I died, I was so exhausted. I realize now, 3 weeks in still in the early stages, and I need to give myself time to heal.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.