HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Facial Breakouts after Hsterectomy???? Facial Breakouts after Hsterectomy????

Unread 07-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Facial Breakouts after Hsterectomy????

Hi!,
Any sisters out there had deep pimples breaking out on face? I am 3 months post-op and have had 6 deep, painful pimples in the last 2 weeks.. Really weird, because I hardly ever have a pimple.. Maybe one right before my periods before.... Just wondering if this is associated with this surgery?? Kathie
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:22 PM

Kath,

I had some trouble with breakouts for a while after my hyster, also. The doctor had to adjust my thyroid medication and cut my HRT dosage in half. I was also prescribed some erythromycin pads to use for a couple weeks. Now my complexion is better than it's been in years!!

s
Cat
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:36 PM

Oh my gosh this is happening to me right now. I can't stand it. I sell make up and even the skin stuff I have isn't helpping. What is this about just hormones out of wack? Karri
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:45 PM

My dermatologist told me my skin would get worse after my hysterectomy, even though I kept my ovaries. I've been very lucky. Five months before surgery, I started taking Accutane for my acne. I took the last pill the morning of surgery. So far no breakouts. I didn't plan it this way, as surgery was scheduled very quickly. It just worked out to my benefit with the skin treatment. Hopefully, everyone's skin will settle down and we can look like the radiant princesses we are!
Unread 07-10-2004, 08:52 PM

Did your Dr. tell you WHY the skin gets bad after a Hysterectomy? I don't understand.. I kept one ovary and was not at Menopause stage yet when I had surgery. Still have never had a hot flash... and my Thyroid is ok... I never have had any hormone levels checked tho... I feel like a TEENAGER! Even my teenager has better skin than I do at this moment... Really has me puzzled.. It's not just little pimples, its more like acne I guess ,,, large deep sore pimples that last a WHILE! NOT fun!! If it doesn't clear up soon, don't know whether to see a Dermotologist or an OB, or Family Practice... ,,, I was going to change OB Dr.s anyway at my yearly pap.. Kathie
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:03 PM

A hysterectomy, even if you keep an ovary, will shake up your hormones. Your whole insides seem disrupted for a bit after surgery. My GP gave me the erythromycin pads. You could try either your GP or a dermatologist.

Good luck.
s
Cat
Unread 07-10-2004, 11:05 PM

I just finished another post on this.... you guys might be experiencing rosacea symptoms. This is a common time for women who are prone to the disease to begin experiencing symptoms especially because "flushing" can bring it on. Ask your dr. about your symptoms. If these pimples that you are getting aren't exactly like the pimples you are used to getting, it could be rosacea. For most people, the condition is completely controlled with a topical medication (Metrogel), especial if you catch it early on. Don't wait to ask your dr. about it , rosacea can cause damage to your skin that is permanent. There is a world of info about rosacea at the National Rosacea Society web site. I am sorry I am not sure what the exact address is, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.....

All the best to you! Val
Unread 07-11-2004, 02:26 PM

Thanks Val. I'll definately check it out. I have NEVER had skin problems... It is weird... Kathie
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:08 PM

I thought I had outgrown this problem. I am 51. But NO........... !

In the past few weeks, have had a few big zonks on my face. It is embarrassing and devastating. Here I am, trying to feel "normal" again, and I have this.

Yuck !

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.