Has anyone had any vision problems since surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had any vision problems since surgery? Has anyone had any vision problems since surgery?

Unread 07-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Has anyone had any vision problems since surgery?

I've noticed since my surgery that my eyes have been very dry and from time to time I get a light blurr. I go to the Dr on tues so I'll ask her but I don't know if its realated or just a quwinkie dink. Has anyone else had this? Karri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your eye problems. I would definitely ask your Dr about it.

I too have had increased bluriness, but am also dealing with MS and it is most probably related to my MS.

Talk to your dr and let us know!

Colleen
Unread 07-20-2004, 12:13 PM

What meds are you one?
I was on demeral or something in the hospital and that did give me double vision. Once I got off of that I was better.
I also have heard it can be the medication they give you during the surgery.
Not sure how post op you are. This happened for a couple of days after my surgery.
Take care =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 06:57 PM

Hi Karri,

I am 3 weeks post-op, and I have also noticed blurred vision. I was having to put moisture drops in my eyes several times each night, and I am drinking lots of water. I think this may have something to do with pain meds. I am on a very mild dose, but I do notice the problem is worse when I take any pills at night.
I find that drinking plenty of water and using Refresh Liquigel (an extra-strength eye lubricant) really helps. I also turned off my ceiling fan. When you live in the Deep South, that's a difficult thing to do. But it did help my dry eyes!

Good Luck!
Unread 07-20-2004, 07:09 PM

Hi this has also happened to me. It was at its worst at three weeks post op. I have been told that it could be hormonal or could still be the result of anathesia still being in the system.

Mine is a lot better now, I hope yours will improve
Unread 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM

Nobody believed me when I said my eyesight was blurry. Well about 4 weeks post op it went back to normal. My sister in law is a nurse and told me it could be from anethesia, pain meds and just plain healing process. It got better though, so I'm not worried anymore. I think the drugs effect everyone differently.
Unread 07-21-2004, 03:11 PM

I had blurred vision for a while and it just recently went away..I am starting my 5th week of recovery!!! I know the nausea medicine can give you blurred vision for a couple of days but mine definitely lasted a couple of weeks.

Don't worry it will go away. My sister keeps telling me it is my age...great thing turn 40 and lose all your hormones and your eyesight!

Kathy - 40
TAH, RSO, 6/16/03 endo and LSO on 6/21/04 endometria cyst size of grapefruit and stuck to bowel and uttera
Unread 07-21-2004, 03:16 PM

I have too! I thought that the cause was from the pain meds that I have been taking. I go to my post op on Monday and hopefully will be able to get a different prescription other than Percocet. I think that will clear up the problem. Funny how so many other issues pop up after.
Unread 07-21-2004, 05:46 PM

I noticed it too! I had just been to the eye doctor before my surgery. When I finally felt like reading again, I had to rely on my bifocals - not really a necessity before the surgery. I was wondering if I was going crazy or if there really was a reason for the "eye" problems. Great to hear I am not alone!
Unread 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
eyesight

Bless you all! I'm a little more than 3 weeks post-op and had seriously
thought about making an appt with an eye Doc. Now I'll give it a few more
weeks to see if this mild blurriness passes. Hugs, anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register