HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 07-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Oily skin

Ever since I was 8 years old, I've had EXTREMELY oily skin and bad acne. Yasmin Birth control was the ONLY thing that helped my skin, even though it was still oily. Since my complete hysterectomy though, my face is STILL way too oily even more than before my surgery. I thought that after my surgery, my oily face problem would be over with! I'm not on any testosterone at all, so why is my face still oily and acne prone? Is it leftover testosertone in my body, from before my surgery? The only time I"ve ever had my hormones tested was years ago, and all they said was that my testosterone was too high back then. I'm at around 6 weeks post op now. Do I need more hormones maybe? I don't have any hot flashes at all-only had two when I first had my surgery. Have severe depression and severe moodswings though, and a lot of fatigue. Hate all that, and really hate the oily skin-not sure if that will ever go away.....
Unread 07-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Oily skin

Wow, you and I could be sisters! I also have had EXTREMELY oily skin and cystic acne since I was 10. Sorry to say, I'm 47 now and it's not any better. I thought the same as you; that after my total hyst. the oiliness would decrease but it was worse than ever. I now had to go to a dermatologist because my acne exploded and I was so embarrassed to go to work or out in public. I am on antibiotics and a strong Retin-A which seems to be helping the oiliness a bit. I hate being on another drug but I was at the end of my rope with the situation. Wish I could be more help for you but that has been my experience.
Unread 07-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Oily skin

hey fellow tennessean! i too have oily skin. last year my skin was completely the opposite. i complained about the flaky dry skin but oh how i wish it was back. i would rather have that, than the oily shine i have now. i can't wear any foundation because you can scrape it off when i do. so for summer i have been just using concealer. what will i do come winter. This 90% humidity doesn't help either! i can't wait until winter when i can cool down.
Unread 08-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Oily skin

Hi

I too have suffered with oily skin and acne, my whole life. I have read that acne is caused by hormone imbalance.

I do use estrogen/progesterone/testosterone creme, but now that my hormones are balanced I have not had any break outs and the oily skin is much better. the testosterone creme did give me the break outs and oily skin when my dose was too high.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.