HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Cauterization of Vagina Cauterization of Vagina

Unread 08-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Cauterization of Vagina

Oh my God! I am scared to death. Please tell me if anyone has had this happen.

Thursday of last week I had the top of my vagina cauterized due to granulation. My doc said I would bleed a bit, give it 2 days to heal, and then I could have sex and be back to normal.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and even this morning - everytime I wipe I have pieces of things that look like crumpled dead brown leaves. This is freaking me out! My doc never mentioned anything like this.

I have left a message and am going to demand an appointment, but it might be later in the day before I can get in.

Has anyone had this happen? I am really scared.
Unread 08-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Follow-up

I am so mad at my doc now.

A nurse called back and I explained everything to her. She hangs up, talks to my doc, and calls me back. Here is what she says.

"The Monsel and Silver Nitrate are slothing off and it is nothing to worry about. This happens and I should not be alarmed."

Oh, did I give her an earful. I told her it would have really been nice for my doc to have mentioned this instead of let me freak all weekend wondering what the hell I was passing. I told her that in the future that my doc should be more sensitive to things of this nature.

She apologized for my doc and told me she would tell her she needed to let her patients know this to avoid call-backs from us.

--- To avoid call back?!? Why not so that we are not freaking out. How unsensitive!
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Cauterization of Vagina

After I had some granulation cauterized with silver nitrate I had a blackish/brown discharge for several days. My doctor told me what to expcet after the cauterization - your doctor sholuld have told you too.

I was told that if the discharge lasted longer than a week to call my doctor (I didn't need to call).

s
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Never said a thing

Nope - She never said a thing.

I am tired of being a #. I feel like I am tagged when I walk in the door and hurried through the line until I am out the door. It is so sad.

If they don't have time, the least they could do is give you a handout of something of possible side effects. That is better than saying nothing.
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Cauterization of Vagina

you are right - even a hand out would have helped.

Obviously their concerns are for minimizing THEIR work --- so since you are over your scare, (almost) why not look at it this way: by letting them know how upset you were and by calling back, you have made it clear to them that they have to let women know what to expect or they will get "call backs".
Since they don't want call backs, they will improve their service - not the best of reasons, but in the end, you have done the next woman who goes their for silvernitrate treatments a good turn.
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks

Thanks for your words.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.