HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Uterus is the size of 12 weeks....has anyone Uterus is the size of 12 weeks....has anyone

Unread 08-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Uterus is the size of 12 weeks....has anyone

had a hyster. because of the size......and also just before my period say two weeks it pulsates really bad and yes I have a small fibroid......anyone here have this?????
What is with all the pulsating and pain?????
thanks

ratherrun
Unread 08-10-2004, 12:54 PM

Hi Rattherun,

I had a hyst because I had a uterus the size of 12 weeks due to very large fibroids.

My fibroids were causing pelvic pressure, stomach bloating, leg cramping and I started to experience heavier periods before my surgery. I felt very uncomfortable.

I am not sure what the pulsating is?? Could be ovulation taking place also?? Hope you get a reply on it.

Best wishes.
Unread 08-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Thank you for replying!

I am having a hard time trying to figure out where to write and how to respond......give me a few more tries and I'll have this web figured out!

ratherrun
Unread 08-11-2004, 07:22 PM

HI. I also had pulsating on the right side 2 weeks ago! I am having a hysterectomy on 8/19 with uterus, and one ovary for sure and not sure about the other(big decision!!!) I don't know what the pulsating is but mine was right before my period and it lasted for about 5 hours! I thought for sure something was happening with my ovary and I would have to have emergency hyster!!! But it stopped during the night! I also get the aches at the top of my leg! I am sure it is from the size of my uterus and the dermoid cyst on the ovary is large! I mentioned it to the Dr and she said sometimes they twist or get squished and it will pulsate!
Good luck!
Karen
Unread 08-11-2004, 09:12 PM
My uterus is 12 wk size.. with 6cm fibroid

And I am considering the laproscopic sub-total hysterectomy.

Are you?

I'm 54.. but still get my periods regularly.. no hot flashes or anything.. but i have huge clots which hurt until they come out.. and last month very irregular (almost non stop ) bleeding.

I am taking low dose progesterone only birth control pills. Not sure what it's doing... may stop soon...

So hard to figure this all out.... and to not be in some kind of "denial"...

How about you?

~ karin

PS. on the fibroids list I'm on... NO one has heard of the laproscopy proceedure for doing the hysterectomy ( or even myomectomy). I guess it's because only a few skilled surgeons DO it...
Unread 08-11-2004, 09:27 PM

Ditto everything HistoryLady said and more!

As for the pulsating, I read that sometimes its almost like the fibroid is trying push its way out! It actualy made sence to me, because what I felt was like contractions instead of pulsating.
I would start to experience these contractions about 3 days before my period and it would continue almost to the middle of it, sometimes the whole time!

Boy did I just remind myself why I had my surgery!!!!!

Good Luck!!
Unread 08-13-2004, 10:57 PM

I needed the hyster partly because of the fibroids that enlarged my uterus to something like 26 week size. There was, I know now, incredible pressure on my bladder and low back, causing a lot of nerve pain and problems. I also had large ovarian cysts and grossly enlarged Fallopian tubes.

The pulsating pain is familiar to me, too. I was bleeding so heavily and abnormally that I couldn't tell you how it related to when a period would start or stop, just that it was there on a regular basis.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.