Fallen Bladder after 8months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallen Bladder after 8months Fallen Bladder after 8months

Unread 12-10-2000, 09:17 AM
Fallen Bladder after 8months

Hello Hyster Sisters, its so good to find someone to talk to Ive been everywhere on the net and I thought it wasnt a subject anybody was willing to talk about.
Please help me, I had the hyster eight months ago March 27
mine was adominal. Im 49 and the reason for surgery was
fallen uterus with small fibroid and prolaspe bladder and vagina and I think rectal not sure. I had a rough time with it, I was on antibodics 3 wks and the cathe bag for 3wks they didnt want to leave it in that long but I had trouble getting my bladder to empty as measured.
Now Im in trouble. Nov 11 I felt something like in the vagina like a tampon stuck called my obgyn she had me come in and said my bladder had dropped, I started crying and told her I just couldnt go through it again, she said think on it and I called her the next day so they set the surgery date was this past Monday and I backed out The doctors are upset with me and said I probley woulndt get another set up till first of year. Now Im a little worse when I walk or stand for awhile it really drops and a BM really makes it pop out now Im scared and guess monday I will call another doctor and go with it, I depressed. Has anyone been this far before. Please advice Janie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2000, 06:14 PM

Hi Janie and welcome to HysterSisters,
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I havent had this happen to me but another Sister was asking about this same issue the other day. If it was me I would call the Doc and go ahead with the surgery. I understand your concern and possible fear of more surgery, I've been dealing with complications since my Hyst and have had 2 more surgeries. I wish I could be of more help! I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep me posted. We are a great place for support, it has helped me alot be able to come here and share my fears and concerns with other women facing difficult times. Hopefully someone will come along shortly who has been where you are now and be able to share their experience. Take care
Unread 12-11-2000, 06:27 PM

Janie,
I am sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this. I have seen postings by some other women that their bladder repair did not last. They had a bladder sling put in place during their hyst. The sling eroded, and they found themselves in a similar situation to yours. They ended up going back in for surgery and having a bladder tack done. It can be very depressing, frustrating, embarrassing, overwhelming, and frightening to be facing another surgery. You were not ready when you were scheduled, you can get rescheduled. Your doctor was aware of your feelings, and probably can't, does not necessarily mean you won't get another surgery scheduled before next year. Try to get a consult visit with your doctor to discuss all you are going through, including why you felt you needed to back out of the last surgery. Then discuss where to go from here. I wish you luck, let us know how things are going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2000, 05:25 AM

hi janie,
sorry that you are having problems, i'm in the same situation. had a tah in september and am going in for a/p repair on the 22nd. merry christmas to me!
i had a prolapsed uterus and bladder and suspected a rectocele. my doc tacked up my bladder but did not repair the weakness in my pelvic floor because he thought the holes were too small to be a problem. ha! think again! when i saw him about this rectocele he wasn't eager to repair it, but i prefer non-digital pooping!
what makes me most mad is the way he blew off my concerns about it at the time of my hyst. i was just getting my life back and now this. i wonder how he would want his wife taken care of?
like you i had bladder problems the first time around and fear having them again. but you know, we got through it then ,and so we will this time. we'll be all fixed up and won't have to think about it for a long time.
i think it takes 4-6 weeks to heal up completely, but only about 2 weeks to be pretty well back up to speed. my doc told me to expect some pelvic discomfort, and that tylenol 3 should be more than enough to take care of it. he said the biggset part of recovery is getting over what he calls 'anesthesia fatigue'.
a friend i met through hystersisters had all this repair done with her hyst. she assures me that it was not much of a problem, that the hyst itself was what necessitated recovery time. she said seeing stitches down there was weird but had no problems from the repairs.
i hope all goes well with you.
keep us posted!
hugs from your hystersister,
susan
Unread 12-12-2000, 10:27 PM
bladder

I just read your post. I just went through just about exactly what you described your hysterectomy was like. All the bladder and rectal repair and TAH.
I have chronic bronchitis and I am so concerned that my bladder repair will not hold. I hope you stay in touch with me, I would like to hear about your progress. Hang in there, I am counting on you getting it all back together.
Stay in touch. Prayers are coming your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register