HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Clear discharge Clear discharge

Unread 08-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Clear discharge

Discharge, Why?
It is clear and enough to have to wear a panty liner, sometimes I notice a little streak of yellow on the pad, it has no odor.
Could it be too much natural lubrication? Could it be Granulation? I am at a loss here as to what it could be.
Anyone ladies have anything like this or any idea what it could be?
Thanks,
DeeDee
Unread 08-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Clear discharge

DeeDee,

I had clear discharge as well and thought that it must be too much/not enough estrogen. After calling the doctor's office and having an appointment, they determined that it indeed was granulation. As you said, mine was mostly clear and would at times be yellowish but nothing too substantial.

After two treatments, the discharge is now gone. So put in a call to your doctor and let them know what is happening to you. It may be nothing but if it is granulation, it is an easy fix.

Amy
Unread 08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Clear discharge

Thanks Amy,
I have an appointment on Thursday and I will bring it to my docs attention.
I have had it this long, a few more days won't matter. Right?
Is granulation something the doctor can see during an exam?
DeeDee
Unread 08-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Clear discharge

Dee Dee,

Yes, they can see the granulation during the exam. I think that mine was a very small spot, because it took him a few minutes to 'find' it. But yes, they can see it and if you have granulation they will do the silver nitrate treatment right away during your visit. They just put it on with like a Q-tip or something. Some here have said that it hurt some, but I did not feel it at all. Maybe because it was such a small spot?

Yes, waiting a few days won't hurt at all, just annoying, I know.
Glad to here you got an appointment so quickly.

Amy
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Clear discharge

hi..i am confused now..with granulation i thought you would have bleeding..but now even with clear discharge it could be granulation??i see my dr. this week so i will sure ask..i have had clear discharge but not that much..hope its normal..just got past the light tan and a little yellow discharge...isnt granulation due to the stitches in the vaginal cuff being irritated??what would clear discharge be from...besides the normal discharge that woman get??thanks and have a great night!!
Unread 08-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Clear discharge

precious4,

I had no bleeding from the second day on. Again, my circumstances were a little different from yours. I had everything removed. Ovaries, cervix, the whole nine yards. So, for me to have this clear discharge was not normal. I thought that granulation was only bleeding and red/brown discharge too. So, at first, I did not suspect granulation at all. But it was. Not sure about all the medical stuff but if you do a search on granulation here, you can find out more. I understand that it basically means that the tissue is not healing properly and that is why you have the discharge. Not sure if this helps at all, but only what I have experienced. Hope I could shed some light.

Amy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.