break through bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

break through bleeding break through bleeding

Unread 08-24-2004, 09:21 AM
break through bleeding

Hi Ladies,

I finally went to my doctor's because I've had break-through bleeding now for 2 months. . . Sometimes it's not very much -- just a mini pad every few hours. But then, when I least expect it, the big gush, and occasionally, embarassing accidents. . . I am physically exhausted, and just not myself.

My regular doctor was on vacation, so I had the senior partner in the practice, who was not very comforting or reassuring. He said it was probably time for a hysterectomy, which did not come as a surprise. I had an ablasion in 2002 that did not work, and have had a couple of fibroids which my regular ob-gyn has been keeping an eye on.

But this constant bleeding is so consuming! Dawn and Monica, I think you are on the right path seeking counseling. I feel like I'm becoming so angry and upset all the time. . . I don't know how my husband is tolerating me! At what point do you agree that a hysterectomy is the answer?

Thanks!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2004, 11:24 AM
break through bleeding

I am in the same situation, more or less. I had a d&c in July 2002 for heavy bleeding and they removed an adenomyoma. Received four units of blood for severe anemia. I had an EA in December 2002 for the bleeding that had came back. I knew the odds of it solving my problem entirely were slim, but I was hoping to get by until I hit menopause. I'm almost 46 now with no signs of that happening.

Until a couple months ago I was doing well -- reasonably normal periods and no anemia. But since June I've basically been spotting (occasionally slightly heavier) everyday that I'm not actually having my period. I went back to my doc and she did an endometrial biopsy and an ultrasound. Unofficially, they found "something" on the ultrasound -- the sonographer told me, although she said I didn't hear it from her. LOL!

Anyway, I'm awaiting the official results of the tests any day now. I suspect the verdict will be that she thinks I need a hysterectomy. Honestly, I sorta feel like it will be a relief. My periods are intensely painful -- I live on ibuprofen for a week every month -- and the bleeding, while not yet causing the severe anemia I had in 2002, is a major annoyance. my DH is mourning the lack of sex life and I'm sick of never knowing when I might have a sudden flood.

The right answer for you might be something different, but only you and your doctor can make that decision. I'd probably wait until my regular doc was back before jumping into anything, though.

lisa
Unread 08-24-2004, 10:32 PM
break through bleeding

Thanks for sharing your situation, Lisa. We're the same age. I don't know why all this is going on, but I did have a biopsy with that same doctor, and am awaiting results this week. . .

Keep me posted and I'll do the same, and best of luck!

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register