HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Help, This Vagifem is burning. Help, This Vagifem is burning.

Unread 08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Help, This Vagifem is burning.

Hi, ladies,

I used Vagifem this morning and it is buring in there. Yikes, anybody had this happen. I was feeling fine til I used it and now it is burning.

I tried the Premarin Saturday night and it was making my vagina itch. I waited until today to use the Vagifem.

I am using Flagyl right now for a bacterial infection, I am on my second week of it. I was feeling much better. And now, things have gotten worse.

I thought the estrogen creams were supposed to make things better and not worse. I called the pharmicist and he said maybe I was allergic to the estrogens. Is this possible? I still have my ovaries but my previous doctor thought the Premarin might help heal tissues. The Premarin mad me itch on the first day but by the second day, I wasn't itching anymore but I only used it once.

I even used the Vagifem before for 9 days and don't remember this happening but of course I was having a lot of burning before I used it. But today, I was fine. So, that tells me my body is saying no to the Vagifem.

Help, anybody had this problem before? don't have an ob-gyn right now and my regular doctor is on vacation this week. She won't be back til Monday.

I can see now I am going to have to keep a vagina journal because I can't remember about the Vagifem before. I thought it helped.

Please, can anybody just give me their 2 cents.

Thanks.
Unread 08-26-2004, 01:05 AM

Hi Poofy Why did you only use the Premarin cream once, if the discomfort stopped after the first day? I think I'd start a journal as you mentioned, and then go back to the Premarin cream and stick with it for a week or two at least.

Premarin cream does help a lot in healing tissues in the vagina. It's much more effective at helping with healing than Vagifem is. Vagifem is really more of a 'maintenance' dose... just a tiny amount of estrogen that will help keep things healthy once they're healed, provided you don't have a reaction to it.

I've used Premarin cream successfully... but not tried Vagifem. I currently use a compounded estriol vaginal cream which I like very much.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 08-26-2004, 05:29 AM

Thanks Suferbabe,

I stopped the Premarin because I thought I was allegic to it. The itching was pretty bad the day I used it. But, it is strange that the next day I had no effects and felt better.

I am just going to have to wait for my doctor on Monday. She is on vacation and there is not much I can do as of now but just leave things alone down there. Vagifem did make things worse. The effects are still with me today. Also, I read that if you are being treated for a bacterial infection not to use the Vagifem but I also read different.

So, again I am waiting and wondoring but thanks for your reply. I am going to do that journal. Also, Vagifem and the Premarin have an odd effect on my nervous system. I am sped up on the days I use the hormones. That's a strange side effect.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.