six months post-op ovarian cyst on remaining ovary | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

six months post-op ovarian cyst on remaining ovary six months post-op ovarian cyst on remaining ovary

Unread 08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
six months post-op ovarian cyst on remaining ovary

i am six months post -op this week..for the last week i have had back pain which traveled around to the front lower abdomen. i knew i had a kidney stone in the left kidney so assumed it finally started to move....boy was i wrong cat scan show a 4.0x4.3cm cyst..i was shocked..i am having alot of pain and i am a bit worried. called doctor she didn't seem to think this is such a big deal...hello doc we just took the other ovary out due to two large cyst.....i need to do the vaginal ultra sound to find out exactly whats going on..but boy am i tired of it all....guess i will see over hte next week what's up...just thought i would vent alittle...by the way other than that i feel great..swelly belly comes and goes but i feel good......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 04:52 AM

Hello,

Sorry that yhis is happening! I also have a 4cm cyst on my ovary that happened 4 wks after surgery. My doc also is not concerned and I have had 2 ultrasounds and a cat scan already. He just wants to watch and wait. I feel like I cannot wait another minute and that I am sick opf all the problems. I hope you get a good resolution!

Laura
TAH 7/19
Unread 08-31-2004, 07:17 AM

laura, i know how you feel. it seems you fix one thing and another popsup..i go today at 1030am so i'll keep you posted..thanks for the reply....

donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 09:54 AM

Harleywoman and Laura

I am sorry to hear that you both are facing this since your surgeries. I went through it for years before my hyst last year. A word of advice and this is not meant to scare you but just to make you aware of what may or may not happen. My cysts were the kind that ruptured, if this happens to you believe me you will know it. Talk to your doc and find out what they recommend you do if this were to happen to you. Please don't let them blow you off over this topic or tell you that it's no big deal. If they have never experienced it then they personally have no idea how it feels. I know many women that have ended up in the ER because of the pain, it's nothing to be ashamed of and something to get checked out.

The ovarian cysts are the biggest reason I had both of mine removed when I had my hyst. Honestly it was the best thing I ever decided to have done for myself. Living pain free for the first time in 20+ years is priceless.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Blessings,

Donna

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register