HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

mass in center of breast..and something pushing under left ribs mass in center of breast..and something pushing under left ribs

Unread 09-11-2004, 04:30 PM
mass in center of breast..and something pushing under left ribs

I just had a Hysterectomy 8.5 weeks ago. I thought all of my problems were over. The other day I went for a mammo and a mass in the center of left my breast was found. I am going for ultrasound on Tuesday.

But let me give a little history, when i went to my preop I told the Gyno that I felt like something was pushing under my ribs. He said I would be ok and after my surgery I would feel fine. He just kind of dismissed my complaint. Now the bad mammo. Also I have hip pain but not intolerable. I just feel like I have a grapefruit under my sternum and between my ribs.

I know all of this sounds crazy but has anyone heard of any of these symptoms.

Thanks for all your support.. you are all great!!
Unread 09-11-2004, 05:06 PM

Hi Easterbunny,
Sorry about the mammogram scare. I too once had the same thing,IN BOTH BREAST AT THE SAME TIME!!! and it turned out to be of no concern. So remember not all call backs mean the worse.

As for the other symptom you are having. Right after I had hysterectomy I had this crushing pain right about where you are talking about. I thought I was having a heart attack.
Went to emergency... they did all the test. It was an inflamation of the cartilidge (sp?) between the breast bone.
But boy was that scary to go through.

I think it was called "tietsee syndrom".. but I am sure that is not how it is spelled.

What I am basically saying is.. try to to think the worst. I know it is hard not to.. trust me I REALLY know.

Sending you hugs and best wishes,
xo Donna
Unread 09-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi Bunny

You're on the right track going for a mammogram. Remember, most lumps in the breast are benign. Just don't waste any big panics until later--when you won't need to have one. I get terrible pain sometimes on my right side above the wasit that goes on for a few weeks and is squeezing--I have adhesions from two earlier surgeries in that ara and they irritate and irritate my bottom rib. Then it stops. Also have a hiatal hernia which can really squeeze me sometimes up in the sternum area. Let's get this mannogram done.
Unread 09-11-2004, 07:15 PM

I can relate! I was called back for my mammogram this year. I had another mammogram and then immediately afterwards they did an ultrasound. It showed a complex cyst in my left breast (part solid, part fluid). I am going in for excision of this on Tuesday with needle localization beforehand.

As Ellen says, I'm trying not to "waste a good panic". Also, sometimes I feel like something is stuck on the bottom rib too (I just thought it was more weight gain there!!)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.