HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

What does a UTERINE ORGASM feel like? What does a UTERINE ORGASM feel like?

Unread 09-16-2004, 12:13 AM
What does a UTERINE ORGASM feel like?

I am now afraid of having the hysterectomy because of losing this.

Can anyone tell me what it feels like ( a uterine orgasm)?

I feel my orgasms deep inside, in the area of about an inch above my pubic bone. Is this a uterine orgasm?

I was sort of all set on the hysterectomy idea until today when my doctor brought this up...

Thanks to all who respond !

~ Karin
Unread 09-16-2004, 12:52 AM

I always thought mine were primarily uterine, because after the big O, I would always feel 3 or 4 very strong contractions in my abdomen and back. The feeling in my back was almost painful (due to enormous fibroids I was unaware of?). After the surgery, was pleasantly surprised to find I still have rhythmic lower abdominal contractions, 3-4, right afterwards........not quite as strong, and minus the slightly painful feeling in the lower back. The sensation just prior to the contractions is, ironically, stronger than I've ever had! Could this be due to the improved circulation postop? I think so.
Unread 09-16-2004, 03:24 AM

I have been wondering about this uterine orgasm, and wondering what one was too. Is it like a G spot orgasm? I don't know if I've had one .I mean I've had vaginal and clitoral, but what is a uterine orgasm? I mean, it's not the kind of question I can ask my Mommy, you know,

Maria (Blue)
Unread 09-16-2004, 08:33 AM

All along, I thought I was having "uterine" contractions during orgasm. I was obviously mistaken!

The contractions I experience actually come from the vagina! Fancy that! I had uterus and cervix removed, and let me tell ya....sex now is better than ever.....no more PAIN!

Northlights
Unread 09-16-2004, 09:45 AM

I have orgasms from stimulation of the clitoris but once they start they would cause uterine contractions.

When I still had my uterus towards the end, it would cause some very strong contractions and would push my fibroids up and out (I would have my DSO hold my belly to feel the huge fibroids pushing out of my tummy that were hard as rocks). It had become a rather unpleasant feeling.

My first few orgasms after surgery felt very shallow, isolated completely in my clitoris. This scared me of course, but they still felt good and I thought I could live with it.

Well, my DSO and I have been practicing (outercourse only as I'm not cleared for intercourse) and I have to say that everything is right as rain now that I'm six weeks. I still get the very strong vaginal contractions (my DSO loooooves those) and the orgasm now seems to radiate everywhere it used to. I don't miss the strong cramps in the uterus at all (I kept my cervix and it's possible that with the vaginal contractions it's still doing something).

Karin, it sounds like the orgasms you're talking about are more centered on the cervix. I saw a cool show on PBS where they show how the contractions we feel cause the cervix to "dip" into the vagina, they guess it's so that the cervix comes into contact with the sperm to aid insemination. As far as I know, those contractions still take place if you keep your cervix, though it may take a while to regain those feelings after surgery because of all the nerve trauma and stitches.

I know it sounds weird, but before surgery, I was very mindful of my orgasms, trying to observe what I felt where so that I'd know what feels good and where the best feelings are located. It really helped me to not freak out when my first few orgasms weren't stellar to realize that there were lots of nerves still growing back.

Take care.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.