HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Anyone using VITEX CHASTEBERRY? Anyone using VITEX CHASTEBERRY?

Unread 09-20-2004, 05:09 AM
Anyone using VITEX CHASTEBERRY?

Just asking if anyone hear uses VITEX CHASTEBERRY?
AGAIN......maybe I will get some responses.
thanks Deedee
Unread 09-20-2004, 10:07 AM

Hi DeeDee,

I see you are still swinging on the vines. Me too, still have the hot flashes.

I tried to take Vitex but it made my skin itch.

I hear it helps bloating and breast tenderness and some other symptoms.

Hang in there it can take several weeks to see results. It seems most herbal supplements can take up to 12 weeks to notice any results before giving up on them.

I hope it works for you. I see you have been in search for answers for a long time.

I guess I will set up camp in the jungle because I seem to be at a standstill with my hot flashes not worse and not better. ugh! 7mos. and no hrt and I'm still waiting for hot flashes to leave.((sigh))

s
Unread 09-21-2004, 01:25 AM
FINALLY A REPLY ON VITEX..YEAH!!!!! =)

Hey Suzi Guess What??????

I had an herbalist online rite me....Im writing & asking advise all over the internet about VITEX.

<Oops!removed to protect privacy> wrote me today telling me it helps surgically menopausal woman...but if I started to itch ITS TOO MUCH Suzy maybe you should give it another try honey!
What brand & what dose where you taking?
I got 400mg from DOUGLAS LABS from my Alternative Dr...I think this one they only sell to Drs.My Dr said he searched FOR THE BEST VITEX and that was it.
He said ONLY 1 A DAY....very potent brand.
Did a Dr reccomend Vitex for you?Or did you get yours on your own?
In healthstores I heard SOLORAY is good quality.

Love,Deedee back to you Suzy!
Unread 09-21-2004, 10:40 AM

Hi DeeDee,

It has been before my surgery that I used it. I think it was a good brand , I got it from Whole Foods. I probably just took what it said on the label.

Yes, Soloray is a good brand name.

Good luck with the Vitex and hope it helps you feel better.

s
Unread 10-07-2004, 08:27 PM
vitex-be careful

If you are allergic to ragweed then you are most likely going to react to vitex. Its a cousin of ragweed. I tried vitex, a very small dose and I still itched. I'm allergic to ragweed. Chamomile tea is also a relative of ragweed. Some people may try it for relaxation.
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:15 PM

I am a newbie...I just had my surgery OCT. 4. Everything is going great. I refused hormones (Much to my doctor's dismay) By Friday I had my first hot flash---it wasn't that big of a deal. I started taking a decoction of a herbs that contains vitex chasteberry (it also has wild yam root, licorice root, mexican sarsaparilla, motherwort, blessed thistle, sage,black cohosh,ginger and cinnamon---basically all your menopausal food groups

Anyway, I might have one hotflash and I think its related to when I eat something spicy. No other systems, yet---but then I haven't been back to work to test my patience levels, either.

I'm a firm believer in herbals, however I also found out my thyroid is kapuut so I am taking a low dose thyroid med. (couldn't get out of that one but I'm doing research to see how to wean myself off and get onto herbal support for they thyroid stuff).\

How is the chasteberry doing for you?

MeJane>>>Still
Unread 10-11-2004, 03:09 PM

Never took chasteberry...........................

Read up on it and most herbs...they work for women WITH OVARIES not WITHOUT.

Deedee
Unread 10-12-2004, 02:20 PM

Hmmm...first time I've heard that. So far the herbs are working, I've got some great reference material that is keeping me on track. I also came from my family doctor's office today and after we get my thyroid regulated for awhile (probably in a year) I'm going to try to switch that to herbals as well. My nurse practitioner says there is no reason why we can't try it after I've maintained a good thyoid level for a while---I'm really excited about that, the thought of being on any synthetic drug long term gives me the creeps! Good luck with your herbals!

MeJane>>>Still

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.