HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

tvt procedure tvt procedure

Unread 09-20-2004, 08:42 PM
tvt procedure

HI ladies! I just had one question? Have any of you had the tvt procedure done after your hyst? I was supposed to have this done at the time of my surgery, but complications came up and my doc decided to wait to do it. I have the surgery scheduled already, but I have three small boys and my husband is stationed in another state right now. He is going to be here for my surgery, but will probley have to leave within a week after. I am on my own, our families are 400 milies away and I need to be able to change diapers and give baths.
Any input would be greatly appricated!
Unread 09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
tvt procedure

hello fellow Hamptonroads neighbor!
I had the Monarc Hammock done 7 months ago..Its similiar to a TVT procedure. Mine was done via 2 small laproscopic incisions and a small vaginal incision. If the TVT procedure youre having done was anything similar to what I experienced you should have no problems taking care of your family as long as you can limit your lifting requirements for a couple of weeks (or until cleared by your dr) to a maximum of 10-15lbs. Though I dont have small children to take care of, I didnt find i needed help with anything around the house other than lifting anything heavy or doing housework (vacuuming, laundry, etc) for the first couple of weeks. Barring any complications, the healing process is usually estimated to be 2-3 weeks.
Hope this helped a bit.
Are you having your surgery in Suffolk?
Stay well
diana
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:37 PM
tvt procedure

Thanks for your input. No, I am having my procedure done at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth. I absoulting love my gyn! She took care of me when I was pregnant with my last son and after he was born. Did my hyst and is going to be doing my next and hopefully my finally surgery.
Thanks again!
Emily
Unread 09-21-2004, 01:06 PM
tvt procedure

hopefully it'll be uneventful
stay well
diana
Unread 09-21-2004, 05:48 PM
tvt procedure

When I had mine done in June, Dr. said to do absolultly nothing for 3 weeks. I would think you should ask your Dr. about recuperation instructions.
Arlene
Unread 09-21-2004, 06:34 PM
tvt procedure

Thanks for the post. I am going for my pre-op soon, so I will ask her then.
Unread 09-22-2004, 06:14 PM
tvt

I hope that everything goes well with your surgery. It is probably a good thing that you are not having the tvt done at the same time as your hyst. Although it seems sensible to go ahead and have both done together (and what I chose to do) later it was explained to me that your organs can shift around and change after a hyst and it is better to do one thing at a time. In my case my ob/gyn did the tvt and hyst at the same time and I ended up having repeat surgies. I wish that I had waited to see if the hyst alone fixed my leaking problem. Just my

Perhaps after your hysterectomy your other problem may be resolved? I hope that all goes well for you and that you are feeling well soon.
Unread 09-22-2004, 07:08 PM
tvt procedure

Thanks JoanMargert! I already had my hyst in April and it did help the incontinence alot but I am still leaking. I am only 26 and don't want to have to deal with wet pants all the time.
Thanks for you input and hopefully it all will be worth it in the end!
Unread 09-23-2004, 06:00 AM
TVT

I'm sorry I didn't read your post carefully.. I didn't realize you had already had your hyst. Sorry that it didn't fix all of your problems. As far as recovery from the tvt I was instructed not to lift anything for about 6 weeks. This would have included small boys I think! It would be good if you had some help with your little ones. Do you have any family or friends nearby that could help?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.