HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Anyone doing the Nesting Thing before Surgery Anyone doing the Nesting Thing before Surgery

Unread 09-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Anyone doing the Nesting Thing before Surgery

I don't know what is wrong with me... I am not scheduled until Oct 18 for surgery.. but over the weekend.. I just found myself doing the nesting thing..LOL... Kinda like just before I was ready to deliver my babies....I just found little things to do that really could wait.. LOL... anyone else do this.. I'm not talking major projects just little things.. like cleaning off a bookshelf ... or straigtening up my dresser drawers or going thru my clothes...etc...could it be the pain meds.......

sharon
sassypickles
Unread 09-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Me, too

Hi there!

I don't even have my new surgery date but I've been cleaning the weirdest things -- fans, cannisters, car windows inside & out, medicine cabinets, laundry room cabinets. The list goes on & on.

And, I've been doing a workout frenzy -- weights, bikes, walks, Step classes, etc. I think I'm so afraid of being helpless after my surgery that I want to do all I can now while I feel good.
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:33 PM

Hello!

I've not been cleaning so much as shopping! I'm quite sure we are not going to run out of toilet paper and toothpaste until 2007.

Better safe than sorry!
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:37 PM

I've actually tackled some major projects. As my husband describes it, I've gone into a frenzy! I began (DH helped on weekends) and finished ripping out 1/3 of the lawn in our front yard and xeriscaped it. Have started part of the backyard, but most will have to wait until next fall. Began painting the bathrooms, etc. I hate cleaning, and prefer these bigger projects.

He says I've done that before all of my other surgeries too. I've also done some shopping - things that will be handy to have while recovering. I found a nice wedge pillow at BigLots (only $7) and a nice laptray (used for only $1), etc.

-fshrchik-
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I did the big Costco trip this past weekend. We won't run out of kleenex, TP or paper towels for decades.

And the pantry is fully-stocked with canned goods. Now I just need to get a jump-start on baking/cooking & freezing.

When I was cleaning the bathroom cabinets I laughed because just a few weeks ago my DSO bought me a HUGE box of tampons at Costco that will now go unused since I have enough to get me through mid-Nov. or Dec. (when I suspect I'll be having my surgery).

Unread 09-21-2004, 03:50 PM

For me I have been stocking up on play time with my 3 yr old son, I already feel guilty that I will not be able to do as much with him after the surgery until I am healed.

I am also doing the shopping thing.

Not even this could put me into a cleaning frenzy. lol
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:57 PM

I've got it bad too......Renovating the playroom, repainting the entrance, seeding the lawn, I've got the guys coming to install a fireplace.........Somebody stop me before my hubby throws me out!
Gillie, I envy you!!! Usually I'm a workout freak and I'm missing it like crazy! But with the pain and the 'down in the dumps syndrome' (and the flooding!!!!) I'm experiencing, I figure I'm better off sticking around home and making my family nuts.
How soon after surgery do you think we can get back to exercise?
I love group classes (all), running, wakeboarding, skiing etc etc.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one "nesting"
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
If I run out of things to clean...

cdancicat --

If I run out of things to clean, I'm headed your way

I've got to do something with all this nervous energy! And on that note, I'm headed off to the gym to workout!

Ladies, have a lovely rest of the day & night. I'm so glad web site is here 24/7, cuz I've been known to check in during the wee hours!

Ciao!
Unread 09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Definetly Nesting!

I am set to have my LAVH Sept. 27th. I too have been "nesting". I have three small girls, (5,3,1) so I have ALOT of nesting to do. I have been cleaning out their closets, so that my mother and mother-in-law could actually find their clothes. I guess I just don't want someone trying to find something with no luck. It must be the "mother" in us. Good luck with your surgery, I will be praying for you.
Unread 09-21-2004, 07:22 PM

My surgery is Friday 9-24. This past weekend, I was a whirlwind....washing windows, organizing things, washing bedding, etc. I have definitely nested!! Tweet- tweet

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.