HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

now I have pre cancerous cells in vaginal wall :'( now I have pre cancerous cells in vaginal wall :'(

Unread 12-20-2000, 04:04 AM
now I have pre cancerous cells in vaginal wall :'(

Hi everyone, well I went to my gyno today and had another colposcopy and biopsy done. He said that I have abnormal cells in the top of my vagina. He said not to worry that I am going to be fine, it is treatable. But to treat it I have two options: 1. to have it cut out . they do an incision at top of vagina and remove cells, but I lose approx. an inch of my vagina. 2. to have it lasered when I am awake (OUCH). I just don't know what to do . He wants to wait until the pathology tests come back and then I can make a decision. :'(
Unread 12-20-2000, 07:30 AM

Wow, that is a very hard decision to make!! Please take your time and talk this over with your doc once you get your results in. Whatever you decide, I wish you much luck and satisfaction! Please keep us posted.
Unread 12-20-2000, 11:06 PM

Robyn:

Did you have some other cancer first, that led to this situation? Just wondering - I had endometrial, and after a TAH/BSO, I guess I need to watch out for this.

Is radiation not an option? Why not?

If the cells are abnormal and he's already told you those are your only two options, how will the pathology report add to your info?

As I said, I could be facing this at some point, so I'm wondering.

Terry
Unread 12-21-2000, 03:52 AM

Terry, I had my hysterectomy August 28 due to pre cancerous cells on my cervix (CIN3) which were classed as invasive and aggressive .The abnormal cells are still only at the pre cancerous stage, so radiation isn't an option. The reason I am stressing so bad ( I think ) is that I went through the hysterectomy and the CIN3 is still present. The reason I have to wait for the new pathology tests to come back is because I had vaginitis in my first pathology test so it wasn't a true result. It is always advisable to have a pap smear even after you have a hysterectomy.
Unread 01-04-2001, 06:35 AM

I have a vaginal hyst scheduled for 1/17. Abnormal pap results in Nov., followed by colposcopy. Results of colposcopy showed severe dysplasia but no cancer cells detected. I'm 43 years old and am not planning to have any more children so gyn suggested the hyst. I'm accepting the fact that I need to have the surgery but worried he may find something worse when he gets in there even though the biopsy results showed no cancer present. I guess this is a common concern. I'll just be glad when it's over -- the wait is killer!
Unread 01-13-2001, 09:13 PM

Robyn...how are you doing, sister friend? I haven`t heard from you in awhile and have been thinking of you. Hope all is well...
please send some sun my way...I`ll send you snowmen!!
{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
kaatie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.