HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

cancer encapsulated cancer encapsulated

Unread 10-03-2004, 05:28 PM
cancer encapsulated

I had a TAH/BSO, Wed 9/29/04. The tumor on my ovary was cancerous, but totally encapsulated. I have an appt. next Thursday or Friday with my gyn/onc for full pathology results. He said my nodes looked clear. I feel blessed, numb and stunned.

The journey ahead is new and I feel the hand of God guiding me. This site has been so comforting. Being able to voice my fears and concerns has helped me tremendously.

I know there are many questions I will need to ask the doctor when I see him next. I only returned from the Castle yesterday and am still processing everything. I just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to all of you and to Hyster Sisters. It's great to have a place to come to where women share so much of themselves and their strengths and fears.

Constance
Unread 10-03-2004, 06:29 PM
cancer encapsulated

So sorry that the tumor was cancer but so glad that it was encapsulated. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of water and try to relax. Let us know what the pathology report says and whether you will be having any chemo.

I pray that your days are filled with healing and comfort.

Blessings to you.
Unread 10-03-2004, 09:39 PM
cancer encapsulated

Dear Constance,

Thanks for your beautiful and generous post. I couldn't agree with you more about this wonderful website.

So glad to hear that it looks like things have worked out well for you and I hope you'll let us know how your appt. goes this week.

Be sure not to do any heavy lifting. Please take great care of yourself.

With best wishes for a stately and regal recovery suitable for a Princess!

s!
Unread 10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
cancer encapsulated

That's really wonderful news, Constance. Yes, it does take a long time to process all that's happened. Good luck to you and congratulations.
Unread 10-04-2004, 10:37 AM
cancer encapsulated

Constance

I'm sorry to hear that you have a cancer diagnosis, but am glad that the tumor was encapsulated. I am currently in treatment for stage IIIC ovarian ca.

We will be with you every step of the way thru this journey. Please let us know what your Dr. has planned as far as possible treatment, etc.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 10-04-2004, 01:58 PM
cancer encapsulated

Hi Constance,

I too had tumors that were encapsulated...a very good thing. I was diagnosed with OVCA3...mine had done a little spreading, even to the lymph nodes...but it too was encapsulated. So far so good with me.
I was in the normal range after my surgery CA-125 wise. But, I did a clinical trial for chemo...I had 8 rounds..4 were Topetecan/Carboplatin and 4 were taxol/carboplatin...wasn't all that horrible and seems to have been a good thing. But as with all gyn cancers especially ovca time will tell.
I want to tell you how lucky you are in the scheme of things and wish you all of the best in the future. You are still so early on in your recovery and there are always issues...but good luck to you and God bless you.

Love, Sally
Unread 10-04-2004, 03:12 PM
cancer encapsulated

Hi Constance, I am sorry that your tumor was cancerous but glad to learn that it was totally encapsulated. It often can take awhile to process all that has happened and this can be good for us too. I am glad you have a gyn/onc caring for you and hope your upcoming appointment goes very well. Should you by chance need chemo, please remember there is a fine group of women here who you can call on anytime you want. Now please remember to be a good and get plenty of rest, drink you water, etc. Please let us know how you are doing including how your follow up meeting goes with your gyn/onc .
s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 10-04-2004, 03:19 PM
cancer encapsulated

Dear Constance,

Welcome home from the Castle, Princess!
I hope you have a smooth and uneventful recovery, and I pray that your pathology report comes back with a big red "CANCER FREE" on it!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.