HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

SEX after vaginal hysterectomy SEX after vaginal hysterectomy

Unread 10-16-2004, 04:03 PM
SEX after vaginal hysterectomy

I had my hysterectomy on May 12th. Last night was my 16th anniversary, and it is the 1st time my DH and I have had sexual intercourse. I am not really sure why. We have had fore play, but not done the act. The other night we did try. But my DH has had problems with ED, for quite some time. The other night when we tried, he was like I think I am going to go to the doc to talk to him about getting something. He did yesterday. It did work. That was the 1st sexual intercourse senses my surgery. It felt a little tighter. My DH said. I really could not feel that big a difference. I am not sure it was because of him having taken his med for his ED. and he had a better erection. Or it is truly tighter down there. I guess what I am trying to say has anybody experienced this. With it being tighter, after their surgery?
Unread 10-16-2004, 04:15 PM

HOney, after all this recovery I can only HOPE... And good luck to you. I actually asked my doc to "tighten up" during the surgery, but after two weeks, there's still no telling if it was. But good news from you helps me along....and good for your hubby. Aren't men lucky now to have things they can do? Imagine all men in the past who had nothing. I'm super glad he's man enough to get help.
Unread 10-16-2004, 07:03 PM

When I went to my initial consult with my gyn, my husband came with me. After talking a few minutes about what was to be done, he looked right at my husband and said ..."she will be just like a 16 year old again..." When we got in the car my DH and I looked at each other and laughed. What a strange comment to make but I guess that answers the "tight" question.

Rhonda
Unread 10-17-2004, 03:37 PM

I dont know my gyn told my DH that when we do the deed to take it easy and to treat me like its my first time LOL just what I need at 43 yrs old. Anyway my gyn also said it would be tighter so we shall see I still have a week left

sister 2000
Unread 10-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Is tighter

I had a TVH and my doctor said he would tighten it back up to where it was before I had kids. My husband appreciated this as both boys were born breech (of course long labors) so I needed some minimizing. He also said the first few times after we were given the OK to have sex it was really tight (kinda had to be stretched back out a little), but has since stretched a bit.
Unread 10-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Tighter down there...

In my case it definitely was tighter. We were given the ok at 8 weeks and I was very nervous and anxious so we waited a couple of days til I was ready, and it was almost like the first time.
Everything was great but there was a little burning at the beginning and several times after.
Just use lots of lubrication and take it slowly.
My DH was eating onion rings and he held up one big O and one little o and did the before and after comparison.
Just relax and enjoy.

AnnaGal
Unread 10-18-2004, 05:21 PM

My husband and I were also pleased to find that things were definitely tighter after the surgery. Very nice surprise.

Jenny
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:29 PM

I'm 5 weeks post-op from a TVH and feel very well. The only remaining problem is SEX. Sex is SOOOOOO painful. I almost cry it hurts so bad. I called my Dr. who said that it's normal & that I have an entire row of stitches "up there". He claims that things will get better. I sure hope so. Any advice ladies????
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:34 PM

My advice would be, don't do it if it hurts. Wait. Five weeks post op is still quite early to be having sex when you have stitches inside, imho. Six to eight weeks is more usual.

If, in a few weeks, it still hurts, I'd ask the DR to check things in there to see if you have any granulation (unhealed tissue) up there.

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-19-2004, 05:46 PM

Thanks Linda! I truly appreciate your help.

Hugs

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.