HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

It Was Worth It It Was Worth It

Unread 10-16-2004, 09:20 PM
It Was Worth It

I am now 4 weeks Post-op from a SAH and went on the boat today. OMG we did a speed run and there was NO PAIN. Two weeks before surgery, I was in tears after doing such a thing, but not today. This surgery was worth it!

Ladies, life is good!!!

connie
Unread 10-16-2004, 09:24 PM
It Was Worth It

TOTALLY agree with you!!! I am only 2 weeks, but I am beginning to feel better and can't wait to LIVE LIFE AS IT SHOULD BE DONE!
We certainly have done our time, now it's our time to shine!!
Jenn
Unread 10-16-2004, 09:32 PM
It Was Worth It

Jenn, how are you doing? I can't believe how good I feel. Still get tired at the end of the day. I know with time that will get better but I do listen do my body and sleep when it tells me to.

I had acid reflux really bad for 2 years prior to surgery, even changed my diet and did the OTC durgs but no relief. The first week after surgery...no more acid relief.
dance:

hugs, connie
Unread 10-16-2004, 09:42 PM
It Was Worth It

Hey Connie! I am doing great! I am starting to feel like a person again. I have actually had an appetite for the past 2 days and haven't wanted to just melt into the couch. Like you, I know my limits and don't push them. I did try to pull off a full dinner the other night and trust me, I learned fom that. I sill have pain, and some other bothersome things, like slight constipation. But I am managing. I hope others are starting to feel good too! so glad to hear your acid reflux is gone. I have never had it but have heard the stories of ones who do. I almost feel like celebrating!!!!
Jenn
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:11 PM
It Was Worth It

Jenn, can't believe that you did a full dinner!! Thank goodness that my wonderful DH does most of the cooking.

Friends of ours were making fun of my DH today for being a 4 week "virgin". My response was that once we are "back in the saddle" we don't have to worry about Aunt Flo....tones changed immediately and, one of the guys asked his wife if she could get the same surgery.

gotta love it!

connie
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:25 PM
It Was Worth It

connie,

you made me chuckle My hb has also been commenting of the no sex experience (although he truely understans and has been such a great guy about everything) He use to say "You got that thing AGAIN"! & "How can you have that every other week"? So I know once I'm up to par He'll be mighty glad he was such a trooper through all this.

Zule

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.