HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

What are some of the OTC HRT alternatives? What are some of the OTC HRT alternatives?

Unread 10-24-2004, 09:32 AM
What are some of the OTC HRT alternatives?

I have both ovaries out and am on the Climara patch. I posted about problems with that and I hope to wean myself off of it and go to either nothing OR some kind of OTC alternative. What are some of the over-the-counter brands that you gals have used and have had success with or would recommend?

Thanks!
Love and hugs from Ohio,
Deb
Unread 10-24-2004, 03:29 PM

Do you have a Wal-Mart around you? They have a variety of menopause things otc. Their spring valley, has a nite and day black cohosh that I take and alot of different things that I can't remember. There is one that has both soy and black cohosh (I don't remember what it's called) that I've seen posted, that ladies say works.
I also take evening primrose oil, and vitamin E.

Good luck!
Unread 10-25-2004, 03:32 PM

Deb, we seem to be traveling down the same path. First over at the post op board, then the Hormone Jungle and here we are...both of us are here now.

I just posted a question about Evening Primrose. Someone told me that it worked for her after she went through a major round of fertility treatment to have a baby. Her hormones got all messed up and she said she took Evening Primrose and it helped get things back to normal. And my daughter takes it for PMS and said it helps. But I'm wondering if it will work for my problem. I have both of my ovaries but they seem to be in shock from the surgery. They aren't producing. My doctor has me on Cenestin right now and I would really rather be on something natural and avoid the side effects of hormones if possible.

This has been quite a hormonal road to recovery so far for me. I thought my biggest problem would be the surgery but that part was a breeze. It's the emotional disturbance and hot flashes that are actually making me crazy.

I hope we can all get this stuff under control soon.

~Karen

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.