HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

CAN FIBROIDS CAUSE NAUSEA ?? CAN FIBROIDS CAUSE NAUSEA ??

Unread 12-28-2000, 01:48 PM
CAN FIBROIDS CAUSE NAUSEA ??

HI.......

I was wondering if any one else has experienced this.
I noticed that right before my period I get a SEVERE case of nausea.

Not taking any pain pills. Until my period starts
so that can not be the reason. I just has a ultrasound
and discovered the fibroids. How big at the time I did not think to ask. I was wondering could it be the fibroids or something else?

Elaine
Unread 12-28-2000, 03:42 PM

Hi Gypsispirit. I get mildly nausea and other stomach upsets at the beginning of my period. No endo that I know of, so far anyway. Just fibroids and cyst on ovary. Hope this helps.
Unread 12-28-2000, 04:28 PM
nausea

Yes, I thought I was nuts.
I got nausea even w/o the period coming.

I had a TAH on 12/14......2 weeks today!!!
I had two large fibroids, size of softballs says the doctor.
One leaning on my bladder which caused me so much discomfort. My uterus was enlarged to a 5 mth pregnancy. I look pregnant. (still do now cause I'm all swollen from surgery!)

I also experienced cramps all the time! 2 weeks before my period of horrible.

Best of luck to you.
Feel better
Unread 12-28-2000, 04:45 PM

I get a lot of nausea right in the middle of my period. In particular I get motion sick with almost no motion at all, but even without motion sickness I am queasy until the last day or so of period. Don't know if it's the fibroids or not, since my TAH is still more than a week away.

Becca
Unread 12-28-2000, 04:47 PM
Fibroids

I had fibroids and I was told that when they twist it causes nauseau.Good Luck!!
Unread 12-28-2000, 04:49 PM

My last four or five periods I had nausea at a certain time each month along with stomach pain© I had never had problems like that before© At the same time my fibroids were growing quickly, and pressing on my bladder©
I had a TAH 12/21 and I have to believe the nausea was because at the time right before your period the fibroids are the worst and it pushes your whole insides around©
Unread 12-29-2000, 09:46 AM
man......those fibriods are nasty

I'm reading the posts and I can't believe how much pain and discomfort those darn fibriods cause us.
If I sound angry.....forgive me........
did I mention I had a TAH on 12/14. Even though recovery is uncomfortable, painful, emotional, etc. I must admit that the pain I felt before was worse!!!!!!
You are going to be so grateful when its over.
I remember nausea at different times, whether they were twisting or not....don't know.
I remember the fibriods pulsing, I compared it to fetus movement. I actually felt pregnant. When I sat down it was just like pregnancy.
By the end of the day my stomach expanded to larger size.
Between my legs had pressure of pain.
I teach and am on my feet all day, running around. It was horrible. I got cranky too at the end, my poor students.

anyway....I found websites on hysterectomy and uterus fibriods and learned a lot about them. One symptom is nausea which not everyone experiences.
I didn't experience prolonged bleeding..many woman do.
My periods were heavy but only 7-8 days long and then stopped. I never became anemic.
My fibriods were big and on my bladder.
Some fibriods grow outside the uterus and like a vine attach themselves to organs in the body.

Sorry for the babbling. I am so lonely!!!!!!!!!
My teenagers don't talk much to me, my husband isn't into this talk. And those great friends I have.....don't know where they went.

best wishes to you all.If you want to e-mail me please do...I love to talk and chat.
joycie145@aol.com
Unread 12-29-2000, 10:51 AM

Elaine,

Nausea and it's cousin, diarrhea. Almost ruined an otherwise lovely morning on vacation last year visiting old chateaux in the Loire Valley in France. They don't have very nice toilets at those old castles. One more thing I'm grateful not to have anymore.

At 5 months post, I'm so much happier.

Dixie Tracy, the Fibroid Investigator
SLH 7/11/00
Unread 12-29-2000, 11:06 AM
I love this site

I am so grateful for finding this site - all these miscellaneous symptoms which I started to think were in my head are real! It gives me hope that once I am done with the hysterectomy I will feel like a "normal" (LOL) person again. One cannot realize how debilitating "female" problem can be until the walk in our shoes!!! My thanks to all the women here who share their experiences.

Pamela
Unread 12-29-2000, 11:25 AM

THANKS EVERYONE,

For replying to the post. I was starting to think it was all in my head. Why does the doctor not tell you these things. Other than the nausea and the terrible back pain
and the AWFUL PAINFUL periods. I have had no prolonged bleeding or anemia. Just periods that I swear I will die
from! My sisters reply to all of this is why don't you just
take a asprin!!I could take bottles of asprin and not touch the pain that I have! It is so wonderful to hear from other women who KNOW what it is like to have these horrible things.
Many Thanks,
Elaine

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.