HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

What does it feel like when you are starting to pass a kidney stone?? What does it feel like when you are starting to pass a kidney stone??

Unread 10-28-2004, 04:24 PM
What does it feel like when you are starting to pass a kidney stone??

OK I know this isn't the place to ask this but during my visits to the hospitals and while they were trying to figure why I was back in the hospital they discovered I had kidney stones in my kidney waiting to come out.....but it never did. I've been drinking water like they told me and I've been home about three weeks they said it could be tomorrow or in a few months for me to pass it.....um I'm having back pain and burning when I pee is that part of it or am I just fruity and need more water? I Drank so much water today and I think 3 cups of tea(hot) and 2 glasses of (cold) Tea then I had one soda and well anyway I'm peeing a lot more than usual and it kinda burns and my lower right (I think but its radiating all over my back) hurts but I'm not sure if this is it or what. I'm really feeling kinda rough the past half hour.
Unread 10-28-2004, 05:18 PM

I have never had a kidney stone but I know severel people who have. Some said the passing was easy and others said the pain was horrible. I guess each body will tolerate the passing differently.

If you are still having considerable pain I think it would be a good idea to give the doctor a call.

Here is the link to some informatiuon about kidney stones:

http://my.webmd.com/hw/kidney_failur...tselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

s
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Question - What does it feel like when you are starting to pass a kidney stone?? What does it feel like when you are starting to pass a kidney stone??

I'm still not able to find symptoms.... Thank you but that web site won't let me pull up the symptoms. I'm just hurting and well frustrated.

OH and I left a message for the doctor. My husband told me to get in the tub and I have twice now.
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:49 PM

The symptoms listed on WebMD are:

Kidney Stones Symptoms

Kidney stones may remain in the kidney or travel through the ureter, the bladder, and the urethra without causing symptoms. The most common symptoms of kidney stones include:

Sudden, constant pain. Stones may cause intense pain in the back, side, abdomen, groin, or genitals. People who have had a kidney stone often describe the pain as "the worst pain I've ever had." However, small sand-sized stones may travel through the urinary system without causing pain.
Nausea and vomiting.
Blood in the urine (hematuria), which can occur either with stones that stay in the kidney or with those that travel through the ureters.
Frequent and painful urination, which may occur when the stone is in the ureter or after the stone has left the bladder and is in the urethra. Painful urination may occur when a urinary tract infection is also present.
Fever.
Loss of appetite.
Diarrhea or constipation.
Profuse sweating (diaphoresis).
General tiredness.
Unread 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM

OK thank you for this I'm feeling what feels like back labor right now and it's making me crazy. Thank you...
Unread 10-29-2004, 09:00 AM

i had a kidney stone for 4 years! I was rushed to the hospital with horrible pain almost like labor and they couldn't find the stone with tests. the pain went away and i went home. i went to a urologist and they found a "small" stone half moon shaped in my kidney, anyway they said it was small and would stay there. 4 years went by and i started getting pain and back aches another trip to the er and the stone was on the move. but i had to have it surgically removed. it was ahalf moon shaped so i knew it was the same one!

i really feel for you, because i know how painful it can be. at least with labor, the pain isn't constant till the very end; with a kidney stone the pain just doesn't stop until they give you morphine or you pass it. hang in there.
jane321
Unread 11-01-2004, 11:32 AM

Yes the back labor feeling is what I had. Keep drinking water to keep it moving once it reaches the bladder it should not hurt anymore. Is it a small stone, like sand size? I've passed several of them and I know it hurts like crazy. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery.
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:40 PM

The pain seems to have subsided but I didn't notice anything coming out of me. I know that my back hurt like crazy. It was almost like Back labor it felt like. UUGH. But I don't know if I passed it or just hurt myself. I have an appt with the doctor next week.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.