HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

do rectocele cause bleeding? do rectocele cause bleeding?

Unread 11-01-2004, 04:16 PM
do rectocele cause bleeding?

Hi Ladies, I have a question and this is the best place to get the info on it. I have wrote before and I am waiting for my day to the castle Dec 29th Weds. at 12pm. TAH/BSO very large fibroid (8cmx8cmx8cm) posterior left side of the uterus,outside of the uterus, and moderate rectocele. This whole situation is really odd, there are days where I feel great and then I sit and think WHY! am I having surgery? Then there are those days where I know WHY. I guess I am not totally committed to having this TAH done. scared. My question is do rectocele bleed after intercourse, or really at anytime?? I seem to be spotting light pink and it is not from the rectum. I have done this from time to time without intercourse. Sorry for being so graphic. I feel this site is truly like sistershood. If any ideas please share I would love to know.
God Bless you all
Unread 11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
bleeding

Boy am I glad that you asked that. I am having a rectocele also and can not find anyone that has had this done. I have no idea what to expect. I was wondering about bleeding,scar tissue build up and maybe being less "sensitive". I wish I could help you but anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. I am scheduled to have surgery 11-9-04.

Hope you find someone with some answers.
Unread 11-02-2004, 06:41 AM
do rectocele cause bleeding?

Hi ladies,

I had a tvh with cystocle and rectocele repair done back in Jan and have had no bleeding or problems.

We can't predict how anyone's surgery will turn out but you should be certain this is the best choice for you. If you are uncertain, please do get a second or third opinion. This is one surgery that can't be reversed.

I have never bled from the rectocele repair even after sex. The area to me hasn't changed at all. But again, we can't predict how your's will turn out.

Sending you a big and comfort on your decision.
Please keep us posted.

Blessings,
Judy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway