HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 11-14-2004, 11:51 PM
cystoscopy

hi
I'm due a hysterectomy in the next 3-4 months, thank god after years of suffering. I've just had a flexible cystoscopy to check out my bladder and omg what an expeience that was, now 3 days on its still burning like hell when I pee, has anyone one else had this procedure and when can I expect to return to non burn peeing
carol
Unread 11-15-2004, 06:28 AM
cystoscopy

Hi, Carol!

Did they give you any antibiotics after the cystoscopy? Sometimes you can get a UTI from the scope causing a bit of inflamation. Call your doctor and tell him/her. They can give you a prescription to get rid of it.

Hope you feel better soon!
Dee
Unread 11-15-2004, 08:33 PM
cystoscopy

I was so glad to read your post. I had TVH w/ap repair about 5 1/2 months ago. I have had pains that come and go, more like a pinching. My doctor found nothing and wanted me to go to a urologist which I did but it was left up to me whether or not I wanted to have this procedure - I have declined. I have not had one single problem with urinary issues and all of the materials that I read about it showed side effects that I want to avoid! So thank you for your posting! I will pray that everything is OK with you now. Hang in there.
Madelyn

P.S. I'm going to give this pinching feeling another six months before I'll agree to any procedures of any kind!
Unread 11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
cystoscopy

Hi Carol,

I think it would be a good idea to give your doctor a call and let them know about the burning with urination; you need to be safe and make sure you have not developed an infection.

You may want to check out the Pre-op Hints when you do decide to have a hysterectomy and set a surgery date.

Take care.

s
Unread 11-16-2004, 12:48 AM
cystoscopy

Thankyou all for your kind replies, I went to my doctor yesterday and she has given me some antibiotics and some sudocrem, feeling better down there today, got a cold now, typical isn't it poorly at both ends, lol.

if any of you ladies are due to have a flexible cystoscopy make sure they give a local first before they go shoving cameras inside you cos for me it was the most uncomfortable, painful invasion of my body yet and after that the urologist said everything is normal, what made it worse still, was the fact that he was gorgeous, still the plus side is that this test is worse for fella's.

Next on the list is my impending hysterectomy, hope I get a date soon, will make it crystal clear they are not to insert a catheter cos I never again want a forgeign object inserted there.

take care
Unread 11-17-2004, 04:58 PM
cystoscopy

I hope you're feeling better. It took me a good week for the burning to go away. Just because they have tiny cameras doesn't mean they need to shove them where cameras were not meant to go!! My cystoscopy was a total surprise. I thought I was going in for a consultation for microscopic hematuria and that we were going to have a brief chat then I was going to go away never to be seen at that office again. WRONG! The urologist told me about the IVP and said, "Now, we are going to do a test that you won't like very much"!! Truer words were never spoken. Yowie! I wanted to tell all the men in the waiting room to RUN NOW!! You'll be fine, but I totally sympathize.
Unread 11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
cystoscopy

Hi Jonan,
I'm not going to do the cystescopy ( I may never be able to spell it and I know I'll never be able to say it right!). I am quite certain that all of the "feelings" I'm having are quite normal and have more to do with the rearrangement of my insides (bowels) than anything else as the pinching, etc. comes and goes. I've just had a bad feeling about that procedure since my doc told me about it and I guess if I were having any urinary problems I would consider it but I haven't. One of my biggest concerns when I had the surgery was the darn catheter. I absolutely HATE them. I'm glad I didn't have to have it in any longer than I did and when the nurse took it out it wasn't pleasant. She was young, did not have a very good bedside manner and YANKED the dang thing out! I couldn't believe it. Anyway, thank you so much and I sincerely hope that you're OK now. Blessings for you!
Madelyn
Unread 11-17-2004, 08:58 PM
cystoscopy

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that your cystoscopy was so uncomfortable. I was so scared of having this done, and it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. My urologist was so gentle, he sprayed an anesthetic and all I felt was a little sting and before I knew it , it was over. He gave me one antibiotic pill to take and I never had any problems. The first time I went to the bathroom, it felt cold...

If you need the test, just ask if they numb you first, if not, see another doctor.

Hugs, Lois

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.