Surgery Photos? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Photos? Surgery Photos?

Unread 12-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Surgery Photos?

Is it too weird to ask if any sisters out there want a special place to post our surgery photos? In browsing through the photo gallery on this site, I've come across a couple of pictures of fibroids, and I find them truly fascinating.

I don't have any pictures of my fibroids, but I do have pictures of my uterus after surgery. I don't know -- just wondering if there's any interest.

And just so the hostesses can stop worrying, I'm not planning to put my uterus on my "avatar" (the little picture under my screen name) or anything. I haven't gone completely nutso -- at not least not yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Surgery Photos?

Personally, I'd love to see it (guess I'm a weirdo)! I've worked in
the medical field for over 23 years & I just find anything about the body fascinating.
I am 13 days post-op & feel I'm getting around pretty good. Had TAH/BSO with 3 hernia repairs thrown in. I just have problems with swelly belly & gas still.
Hope you're doing great.
Connie
Unread 12-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Surgery Photos?

My doctor has a great picture of my uterus (still in my body at this point) with a HUGE fibriod poking out the side. I could always ask him for a copy. He has one that shows some of the Endo too, along the back ligaments. One of the little side benefits of the LAVH. They have the camera anyways, so they use it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Surgery Photos?

I would love to see the surgery photos---guess that is the nurse in me...love that stuff..
No---I am not a sicko..lol
Unread 12-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Surgery Photos?

I have a picture from my GB surgery in Sept. It shows my ovaries. boy, are they ugly!! It also shows scar tissue. Let me know if any of you are interested in seeing it.

Peggy
Unread 12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Surgery Photos?

I have seen the photo's of my surgury and I have been promised a copy.
I would be more than willing to share when I get my hands on them, and yes, I would love to see other's photo's too.
Unread 12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Surgery Photos?

I didnt know you could get photos of your uterus! lol I dont think I could stomach looking at my uterus eeww hehe
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Surgery Photos?

I don't think my dr. took pictures, but I sure wish she had. I'd love to look at them. I've been cruising the medical websites looking at pictures and find them fascinating!

I met with my Dr. today and she showed me the pathology report. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a copy of it. It was really interesting. For all the stuff she took out, you'd think I'd be 40 lbs. lighter, but no such luck.
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Surgery Photos?

I specifcally asked them to take a picture for me and they did!!!! When I get the scanner set up, I'll gladly share it - boy is it strange and fascinating all at the same time.
Unread 12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Surgery Photos?

Yes, yes, YES!! Please post your photos!! I'd love to "compare notes"!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register