HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Herbal treatment instead of HRT Herbal treatment instead of HRT

Unread 12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Herbal treatment instead of HRT

Anyone try to use herbs instead of hormone meds? I have a friend who is not using anything and I would like to try that but I was wondering if there was any herbal replacements that can be used. I really hate using meds of any kind. Seems like you take one to help something but it can destroy something else in your body at the same time. Just a vicious cycle!! I had my two week post op appt Friday and forgot to ask dr. I had TAH/BSO took everything. I got the info on another thread about the sleep aid and I am going to try that. I too cannot sleep and it is making me crazy. Lori
Unread 12-04-2004, 02:58 PM

Hi Lori

If you elect not to use hormone replacement, there are other options. A good place on this site to learn about them is in the No-Hormone Desert Oasis. If you want to learn more about hormone options, the Hormone Jungle is the place to post specific questions. You can read about both ways in the Resources Database. Click the link under the Hyster Sisters logo (top/left side of the page) and then look for the categories called Hormone Jungle - Jungle Resources and Hormone Jungle - No Hormones.

There's also great information in the "More Hyster Sisters!" drop down menu (top/right side of the page). Scroll down to the Hormone Article List and click Go. There's an article there about how to decide if HRT is right for you along with plenty of other interesting information!

Either way you should discuss this with your doctor. You need to protect the health of your bones now that you aren't producing estrogen.

s
Unread 12-04-2004, 05:12 PM

Thanks April, I appreciate this information
Unread 12-04-2004, 06:55 PM

I too decided not to take HRT. Surfing the web I found a site called Olivia's secret. I have been on it for 1 month now and have seen great results. The hot flashes are under control.and it also helps with mood swings.

www.oliviasecret.com

Happy Holidays
Unread 12-04-2004, 11:41 PM
herbal treatment instead of HRT

Hi! My Doctor suggested Vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil and avoid caffeine. I guess it's working. I don't get a lot of hot flashes.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.