HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

RE: TVT Procedure RE: TVT Procedure

Unread 12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Unhappy - RE: TVT Procedure RE: TVT Procedure

Next Tuesday I am having the TVT procedure. I had the bladder sling surgery last December and due to erosion I now have to have the TVT procedure. I have not read any post that seem to have positive feedback on this procedure. My worries are that I will have to go home with a catheter which is 50/50 and that I will have problems urinating for quite some time. Is there any positive feedback that anyone can give?
Unread 12-16-2004, 10:04 AM
RE: TVT Procedure

I had the TVT tape procedure done. It was done as part of my AP repair and hysterectomy. I was having some incontinence issues due to a huge fibroid and prolapse of the bladder. I am completely happy and have had 100% success with the tape. I did have alot of bladder discomfort and spasms for the first couple of weeks, but I was put on medication for that. And truly it may have been more so because it was done during my hysterectomy and repair surgery. I had to have an abdominal incision because of the size of the fibroid. I really think that if it had been done on its own through the vagina, there would have been less discomfort. I can not tell you how happy it makes me to be able to sneeze and cough and run and lift without any leakage at all. Good luck with your procedure and take care. Oh, and by the way I did not go home with a catheter.
Unread 12-17-2004, 06:31 AM
RE: TVT Procedure

I have a question for you about your erosion. My erosion occurred right after the procedure I had done in March and then again it happened in June when the doctor did a revision on the sling. The new doctor said the current erosion is because of the rough edges of the sling. He doesn't have any idea why the first erosion happened. Do you have any idea why your erosion occurred?
I am schedule to have the old sling taken out,a new sling put in, and my vagina repaired because of the large amount of tissue damage on Feb. 11. The new doctor is very reassuring that it will not erode again, but I am concern that it will erode.
Thank you

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.