HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Eye Lashes, Hair Loss Eye Lashes, Hair Loss

Unread 12-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Eye Lashes, Hair Loss

I had a TVH 1/27/03. About 8 months ago I started to notice that my Eye Lashes were falling out, ON my right eye it is the outer upper lashes and my left eye it is the inner upper lashes. I have lost most of my pubic hair and now the hair on my head is falling out fast. I had my hormones check in july and I was fine. I had them checked again 2 weeks ago and my estrogen levels are very low. I have started on premarin 0.3 mg. I am very scared to the hormone replacement thing but I don't know what else to do. Since my hysterrectomy I have been a screaming maniac. I have had a problem with mood swings and anger. Anything sets me off and I just hate it. I just don't know what to do.
If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas,
Jayleen
Unread 12-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Eye Lashes, Hair Loss

Hi ((((Jayleen))))) I'm so sorry you're having all of these problems Believe me, I can identify with the mood swings issues: One of the benefits, for me, of having the hyst was that, with the removal of the uterus and of the pesky fibroid that was causing all the problems, some hormonal balance was restored and I find that I have much, much less mood swings, much to my family's relief!!!

I understand how scary the whole issue of HRT is, especially with the unexpected results of recent studies That's one of the reasons my own doctor is very reluctant to prescribe them... leaving me to try the natural route with mitigated success. However, I must say that I've recent articles that were a little more positive.

You may want to discuss the pros and the cons with you doctor. You may also want to browse the Hormone Jungle Resources Library as well as the No-Hormone Resources Library Another fabulous source of information can be found on our sister site, The Hormone Jungle

Wishing you the best of luck with your research. Please be sure to keep us posted.
Unread 12-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Eye Lashes, Hair Loss

Hi Jayleen, sorry to hear you are having problems, it always gets better, keep thinking that! I also am losing my eyelashes, it is making me nuts , I have been on premarin for 3 years, and am now in the process of weaning off them, I feel so much better since I have been lowering my dose, more clear headed, not so anxious, actully everything, except losing eyelashes, and more than usual hair loss. I guess it is just something that will hopefully level out, Hang in there!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.