HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

What is good for vaginal dryness and stimulant also? What is good for vaginal dryness and stimulant also?

Unread 01-01-2005, 03:19 AM
What is good for vaginal dryness and stimulant also?

6 1/2 week post op. I tried out my goods (myself) and it's not responding like pre-op. It feels like it's dried up and even started bleeding a bit. Is this normal? I'm used to being so wet even when I wasn't having intercourse. This was just the norm for me. I need to know bcz I was thinking about giving my DH a new year gift!!!! LOL!!! I don't have my ovaried and wasn't placed on HRT bcz my dr dsn't think I need them at this point plus he recommends I continue taking this women's multivitamin for menopause. Please help..............anybody and please tell me my goodies will feel normal again!!!! What can I get to help me out in this area? I so want to get my groove on!!! My mind is willing but my body ain't able!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-01-2005, 05:08 AM

hmm, Well, I can tell you what I take. And I don't have a dryness problem! Though my mind has to be on what I'm doing, if you know what I mean!!!
I have a book call Smart Medicine for Menopause by Sandra Cabot, MD. it says for dry, itchy skin; vaginal dryness:

Drink 2 quarts of water daily.
1,000mg evening primrose oil 3xday
5,000iu vitamin A OR 10mg of beta-carotene 1xday
500iu vitamin E 1xday
50mcg selenium 1xday
1,000-2,000mg vitamin C with bioflavonoids 3xday

You could try this to see if it helps, but, it might take a few weeks for results to show up.

Good Luck!
Unread 01-01-2005, 07:16 AM

Me personally, I would push for something like Vagifem. Tell him you are having this trouble. I have libido issues and a hypersensitive clitoris which basically means DO NOT TOUCH!! So, my doc put me on Vagifem which helps with the dryness, sensation, libido, etc. and told me I had to desensitize, or rather DH has to, in other words, use that new equipment!! The Vagifem works wonders in that regard...Might be worth a try, and I dont think it is classified as 'HRT' that he would be upset giving it to you. There are some really good websites on Vagifem, print it out, make note of what your symptoms are, and tell him you want to try it.... There are probably a couple other ideas or products you can use. I can say tho, the Vagifem definitely increases the amount of discharge!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 01-01-2005, 07:29 AM
vaginal atrophy

Here is one link, but there are more about vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness.

I clicked on search on the above button and typed in vaginal atrophy and got several threads.

Here is one that is related:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...aginal+atrophy

I had a patch put on right after surgery-my mother had breast cancer, but three doc's I went to said that I was OK taking it. I am on the Vivelle Dot. and added testosterone compounding creme for the libido. I am still having some trouble with arousal but am giving things a little more time before adding or changing anything else.
I would certainly discuss this with your doctor-this could be something that can be reversed or avoided.

Hasn't this surgery been a journey?
's

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.