HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Quiet Aerobic Exercise? Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

Unread 01-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

Hey Ann - Yup I do get cooking light and I did see the article on the balance board, it definitely made me go "hmmm". There's a used sports equipment store down the street that I'm gonna take a stroll through this weekend for more ideas.

When I first moved here the first thing that came to mind was the gazelle so I haven't ruled that out ... course I haven't ruled it in either. I'm just so suspect of infomercial stuff and it seems weird for as popular as they are, I can't find anyone that works out on one regularly. I was leaning towards this because with it being mostly suspended, a good pad underneath it would probably deaden any vibrations.

I hoping to settle on something or a couple of somethings by the end of the month!

Thanks for all the ideas gals!

BSQ
Unread 01-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

(((BSQ)))) I'll have to check with my sister, by I think that she bought a Gazelle a few months ago (I know it's some kind of elliptical equipment) and she's still using it, regularly. This must mean that it's either easy to manage or effective, because none of her new toys usually last very long
Unread 01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Smile - Quiet Aerobic Exercise? Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

I am an aerobics instructor & the best "quiet" would be using the resist a ball Great item to have if you train at home. I had my Hyster.... on Sept 16th, just now am back to full strength. Mom of 3 energetic girls...have no idea what quiet would be like.. Good luck & nice to know that you are moving!! Roxy!
Unread 01-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

I once used a mini-trampoline for jogging quietly in the bedroom while my husband was entertaining clients in the evening in his home office. (It was a tiny house!) Very low noise factor.

I got the tramp for $5.00 in our pennysaver. My parents had owned one. They claim that there is cellular regeneration because of the unique motion. You have to move fairly fast to keep going on one. I'd alternate hopping and running with knees really high.

Would be a great alternative to pilates (which I love) where you can get your heart rate up and break a sweat!

Kim
Unread 01-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

Hey FoxyRoxy, could I ask you to elaborate a little bit? I've used a resit ball at my gym where we do exercises on it in combination with an aerobics workout, but removing the aerobics part of the class and just doing the ball part would make it more strength and balance exercises, no?

Is there some type of video, website or book that might give me a visual of what you mean?

Thanks!
BSQ
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Quiet Aerobic Exercise?

Check out the Fitness Magazine this month, some fun total body exercises using the ball. By using the ball against the wall, with your back against it, performing a set squat with Dumbbells...it considered anarobic if you are performing many reps. You can also do plie, with knees & toes turned out-with or without weight & working your lower half..Back against the ball but if you add weight & do shoulder raises-this will take your heart rate higher, building strength, muscle, endurance & FAT! Overall you need to use weights to help your metabolism

I would also do Yoga & you can check out Yoga Journal at the library or at any store. Great information!

Keep me posted....there are so many exercises you can do!

Roxy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.