HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

vaginal yellow discharge is that normal vaginal yellow discharge is that normal

Unread 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM
vaginal yellow discharge is that normal

It is 4 weeks since my vaginal complete hysterectomy and I am noticing a small amount of vaginal yellow discharge. I am getting nervous.
Thanks, Connie
Unread 01-06-2005, 12:54 PM

I'm 8 weeks out and have had a yellow discharge since the brownish one stopped. I had one for 3 years before the surgery though. Doc called it physilogical I think, as cultures are negative on it. Maybe you should call Doc just to see.
Unread 01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Yellow Discharge

I had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago and the doc botched it and left a tube hanging out after he sewed me up. I have had yellow discharge since the surgery and my new Gynae thinks that it's discharge from the tube. I'm having a full Hysterectomy on the 26th of this month. Hopefully my days of wearing panty liners everyday will be over.

Good luck!

Unread 01-06-2005, 01:51 PM

I had a thick yellow discharge after TAH/BSO called my doc and told it was normal- reminded me of baby poo!
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:47 PM

I have had a clear discharge on and off since surgery and radiation. I thought internal and external radiation have triggered it off a bit.

Has anyone had this too since surgery? I mentioned it to the doctor and he told me that clear discharge was normal?

Can anyone respond to this?
Unread 01-08-2005, 10:08 AM

I had endo cancer, 1B, grade 2. I haven't had my radiation yet, but since the hysterectomy, I have had NO discharge. I feel the cleanest ever! I never even had any right after surgery. The gyn onc must have done a wild job of sewing me up. Before the surgery, I had to wear a maxi every day for the last year. It was annoying and awful. If I had known, I'd have gotten to the doc sooner before the staging got to where it was.

GIO48, you had endo. What was your grade? How are you doing and do you feel confident about any recurrences happening? I haven't read much statistical info.

And, GIO, my adult daughter and her newlywed husband live in Brooklyn! Park Slope. They are new to the big city and have jobs in Manhattan. I visited and LOVED Brooklyn. Quaint, park, the museum and library, the Promenade. I want to get over all this cancer business so I can go up there and visit them and the 2 grandcats.
Unread 01-08-2005, 10:20 AM
what does grade 2 mean

I have stage 1C grade 2 uterine cancer. I am very concerned about grade 2 and what this means. Would anyone happen to know? Also my cancer cells were atypical reactive mesothelial cells, would anyone know what this means? I spoke to my doctor but he didn't have much to say about it and I don't know why.

I have an appointment with my radiologist on Wednesday and I believe I will be having 3 internal and 60 external treatments. Did anyone have this amount of radiation. It sounds like alot to me.
Connie
Unread 01-08-2005, 03:04 PM

Hi, Connie,

Like you, I was diagnosed with a surgical stage 1c, grade 2 endometrial cancer back in 1999. As you are probably already aware, there are three possible sub-stages within a stage 1 endometrial cancer--Stage 1a, Stage 1b, and Stage 1c. The stage describes how far the cancer has progressed. For example, a stage 1c endometrial cancer means that the tumor has invaded both the endometrium and through more than half of the thickness of the myometrium, which is the underlying muscle wall of the uterus.

There are also three grades of endometrial cancer, which should not to be confused with the staging. The grade of the cancer describes how aggressive the cells behave. Grade 1 cells are also referred to as well-differentiated cells, because they are relatively normal-looking in appearance. Grade 1 cells are the least aggressive. Grade 2 cells, which we both had, are also referred to as moderately-differentiated. The cells do not resemble normal cells as much as grade 1 and behave more aggressively than grade 1, but are less aggressive and more normal-appearing than grade 3 cells. Grade 3 cells are also sometimes referred to as poorly-differentiated cells.

So the stage and grade are completely independent of one another. You can have a very low stage with a high grade, or a high stage with a low grade.

I had both internal and external radiation. I had the low dose internal, which required a 36-hour hospital stay. It sounds like you're getting the high dose, since you're having 3 internal treatments. I had 25 external treatments over the course of 5 weeks. I've never heard of anyone who had 60 external radiation treatments for endometrial cancer, so I would suggest that you check with your radiation oncologist to see if you heard her/him correctly.

Good luck at your appointment on Wednesday and on finishing treatment. I have virtually no long-term side effects from the radiation other than some very manageable bowel changes.

Take care,

MoeKay

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.