HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

orgasm different without cervix orgasm different without cervix

Unread 01-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Unhappy - orgasm different without cervix orgasm different without cervix

Hi all. I have been a member here since early last year, but this is my first post. In January of 2004, I had a tvh with rectocele and cystocele repair. I kept both ovaries, but not my cervix. I wish now that I had elected to do the abcominal hyst and had kept the cervix. My female gyno really made me think that losing my cervix was no big deal, that it was more improtant to do the vaginal surgery. Since surgery, my orgasm (a little embarrassed) has changed. I still have them, but they feel incomplete. That is the best word I can come up with to describe them. They seem far less intense, and leave me feeling unsatisfied. Has anyone else had this problem?
Unread 01-10-2005, 06:21 AM
orgasm different without cervix

I have the same problem. The intensity is gone & for me they are harder to achieve. You are not alone
Unread 01-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Angry - orgasm different without cervix orgasm different without cervix

Hi, I had a TAH in November of 2000. I had everything removed through an incision in my abdomen. I have not had anything close to my orgasms pre-hysterectomy. There is nothing there to contract and my vaginal muscle tone feels like it is non-existent during orgasms. I questioned the doctor and she said my vaginal muscle tone was good so I am clueless and needless to say, unhappy. I don't really have the drive either. We do what we believe to be the right thing and trust our doctors, but I don't think any of us get the complete picture before-hand. My mom had told me not to worry that it would come back but it is going on five years and it still has not come back! Sheree
Unread 01-10-2005, 10:02 AM
orgasm change

I have always had great vaginal orgasms...the old 'G' spot I guess....thats is until my Hyster....It's been 1-1/2 years since mine and now my orgasms are cliteral......I know that sounds weird but I never had them that way before or maybe I did but they were much less intense then what came from INSIDE me! Anyway I have just adjusted to it....No, they are not as intense as before but they are still great......
also....use lots of lube, it really helps with arousal when you don't think you are in the mood....just let your husband/partner rub you with it and you will come alive (when you thought there was no desire) I am 47, and have decided to just go with the flow as far as the changes in my body.....there still is a fire, it just may be different, enjoy it no matter what! But play....lots of good things come to fruition when you just play with each other.....its there ladies....go find it!
Unread 01-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Talking - orgasm different without cervix orgasm without cervix

Hi Willpower67

I also had my cervix removed along wth everything else. I found that the "g spot" or what ever it is called has moved. Orgasms are just about the same, but they seem to originate from a diffent spot. Trying to get DH to get it right, has been a longgggg
job!! but we get there in the end, thats if I can locate the missing libido in the first place.
If it wasn't for this web site I don't think I would ever have got enough info about what to expect. They certainly don't tell you that EVERYTHING changes after surgery.

TAH BSO 10th Jan 2003
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM

I had my hyst over a year ago. The only thing I had removed was my uterus. I can tell you that even with parts left in, orgasms are still different. It took me quite a while to come to terms with the fact that even with a "good" one it felt like something was missing in the middle. I'm still getting mini-periods - doc has suggested going back and taking my cervix out, but on the off chance that it would make MORE of a difference I think I'll just suffer <g>.
Unread 01-15-2005, 10:11 PM

I understand what you are describing. I too feel that they are less intense and shorter. Sometimes I feel unfullfilled, though occasionally they are almost what they were, but they are few and far between. I am only 3 months post op, so maybe this will improve for me. I wish you the best.
Unread 01-18-2005, 10:02 PM

Though I hate to say this cause
I never want someone else to be miserable too... but
it's great reading everyone's messages.
It's been about 1 1/2 years since I
had my total abdominal hysterectomy
and orgasms are usually a missed sneeze
for me.

Sooooooooooo I just had another
round of hormone/saliva tests
and we shall see what they reveal
as far as my hormone levels.

I'll keep you posted.

Danielle
Unread 01-22-2005, 04:46 PM

Big ((hugs)) to each of you I have been there and know the emotional loss & frustration this can cause

I am 5 yrs Post-Op, at about a yr Post I began to notice a huge difference in things; my libido was next to nil, loss of sensitivity, achieving an orgasm was next to impossible along with vaginal dryness..sigh.
I remember hoping that it was only temporary and things would come back with time. They didnt..they continued to worsen. I had almost conceded to the fact that this was the way things were going to be and that I should just live with it.
I was a member of this site..had been since before my surgery and had recalled seeing women praising Testosterone cream. I had always assumed this wasn't an option for me as I was unable to take HRT due to a blood-clotting disorder. One day I came across a post from a women here sharing her success with Test cream also! She too was unable to use HRT but shared since the cream was applied externally the vaginal tissues absorbed it leaving little to enter our blood-stream..I was elated! Eager to give it a try!!
I began to notice positive results in less than 2 weeks. With time...things improved greatly with all these issues.
IMO, its definitely worth a try. It is compounded Testosterone cream not the type that's added in with other forms or Estrogen, ect..It is mixed up in whatever dosage is recommended and can be tweaked; weaker or stronger.

I wanted to share this with each of you in hopes that perhaps it can bring you the same results it has for me & many others

Good Luck with everything I do hope each of you can find some much needed resolve to these ongoing issues .
I do hope you will continue to post & share on how things are going...(((hugs)))
Unread 01-23-2005, 12:58 PM

The one thing that I notice is different with orgasm is the uterine contractions. That was an intense pleasure for me. Although, towards the end, when my fibroids were getting plentiful, the end of the uterine contractions would cause pain.

I don't notice anything different without my cervix. My G-spot has never been discovered by my DH but I have discovered it on my own and it still functions just fine.

I would say overall my orgasms are sometimes great and sometimes barely there. They don't last with the intensity that they used to with my uterus. But, I don't have a libido so I guess I'm not really missing much 'cause I don't want sex.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.